Is SuperTrapp the only exhaust you don't have to rejet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberjack

Reaction score
Is SuperTrapp the only exhaust you don't have to rejet if you use 6 - 8 discs per side? I just want more sound and not sure I want to mess around with the carbs and rejet...

Pretty much any slip-on exhaust, you don't have to rejet. But many think that the supertrapp slip-ons sound the best. I ran them a few years back with 12 disks and thought they sounded pretty damn good. The only adjustments I did was a little tweaking of the a/f screws and changed to 147.5 mains (didn't have to, I just like to fine tune things) to crispen it up.
I noticed that Summit racing sold the disks and endcaps for less than bike shops. I opted with running more discs than using an open endcap. Only reason is I just don't like the look of open endcaps, I think using a closed endcap gives the pipe a more finished look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIoC_B4A4Y

Attachments

• P1020355.jpg
    P1020355.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 38
  • poster2.jpg
    poster2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Sdc10012.jpg
    Sdc10012.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 35
  • P1020401.jpg
    P1020401.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 35
Pretty much any slip-on exhaust, you don't have to rejet. But many think that the supertrapp slip-ons sound the best. I ran them a few years back with 12 disks and thought they sounded pretty damn good. The only adjustments I did was a little tweaking of the a/f screws and changed to 147.5 mains (didn't have to, I just like to fine tune things) to crispen it up.
I noticed that Summit racing sold the disks and endcaps for less than bike shops. I opted with running more discs than using an open endcap. Only reason is I just don't like the look of open endcaps, I think using a closed endcap gives the pipe a more finished look.

say I have a stock bike and my millage is low and I get alot of back firing on deceleration. I have supertapps with 8 discs and closed ends. Think going down to those jet sizes would help/stop the back firing and get me millage?

Possibly but it sounds like you have some carb issues that need resolved. The floats may be off, the sync may be off, and there may be some crud in the carbs. Try the seafoam (or better yet BG44K if you can get it). Then sync and new plugs.

Smaller mains will normally increase performance though with the slip-ons.

Sean

Back