• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle Wanted ISO of vmax in Oklahoma or surrounding area

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leoy22

Reaction score
I’m looking for a gen 1 vmax preferably a little newer I will have cash in hand. Show me what you got

I hope you can swing something in your price range. One BIG advantage of buying something from Sean Morley is your ride will be ready for a season of riding, and should only require normal maintenance as would any well-maintained motorcycle.

I assume you have owned motorcycles before. Buying used, assuming that the bike starts OK, runs OK, and is safe/reliable, you still could face $1,000 in expenses, including parts and labor to take care of things.

Premium tires, mounted and balanced: $400
Brake pads: three sets f/r: $120
Brake fluid change/flush: $125 (includes hydraulic clutch)
Better quality battery: $80 Lithium-ion battery: $180
Premium oil and filter: $100
Gas filter: OEM ~$25 Aftermarket: ~$10
Carburetor adjust/synch: $40
Coolant: $30
Labor: $200

Total: >$1,000
These prices are what I'd consider average. They could be higher.

Sean should have a bike or two, perhaps more (!) ready to be serviced, if not already done, for sale. If you had a certain tire you liked, speaking with Sean, he can inform you about things like stickiness vs wear. Some people value performance, some durability. I'm in the 'performance' group myself. Buy too-hard of a rubber compound, and your bike can slide right out from under you, should you nail it hard rounding a corner. Same results on wet pavement, dirty, sandy pavement, or somewhere a car puked out its coolant, leaked ATF or engine oil, or power steering fluid. A softer rubber compound will help to prevent that, at the expense of less mileage. Remember you're not buying a Gold Wing, you're buying a performance bike capable of nearly 150 mph in stock form.

Here's some reading about our bikes, if you haven't seen it yet. (31) New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read! | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

Print out the factory manual, put it into a loose-leaf notebook. You will find this very useful. Breeze through it to become familiar with the layout. Supplemental yearly service addendums are in the front, before you get to the engine teardown and other systems. In the appendix at the back are torque charts, nut/bolt sizes, hose and cable routings, and more. The better you know the content, the more money you can save either doing things yourself or understanding what needs to be done if you have someone else work on it.

VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

Last edited:
Back