Issues with the rain?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrowc1

Reaction score
I ride my max daily to work. Rain or no rain. It is completely stock. I bought it to ride!

Anyway I was searching through some topics and seems like a lot of people were worried with the vboost in the rain? Why? I read people like to turn it off in rain for peace of mind?

Thanks,
MG

i think people are worried that the rear tire will break away and cause an accident if u ride hard enuff to engage v-boost in the rain. personally i would just take it easy :punk:

That exact thing happened awhile back for me while passing a car after a rain. It kicked out on me a bit, and it was aroun 6500 r's.
Probably doesn't help that my rear tire is smooth as a baby's but though:biglaugh:

Ah gotya. I thought you were worried about the water getting in somewhere lol.

I honestly do not really feel vboost kick me. Does fly through the revs though but I get ya.

I am very careful in the rain seen as ive been close a couple times to coming off, not on the max though.

Ah gotya. I thought you were worried about the water getting in somewhere lol.

I honestly do not really feel vboost kick me. Does fly through the revs though but I get ya.

I am very careful in the rain seen as ive been close a couple times to coming off, not on the max though.

you got it man. just dont' want the rear wheel sliding.

as discussed before, tboost doesn't give u any more performance just gives u the 'kick' earlier, but it also allows u to shut of vboost for rain driving or troubleshoooting if need be.

I have to be really careful in the rain. For one, I have ME880's which aren't the stickiest tire. Two, I run open boost and can spin the tire pretty easily in 3rd on wet roads.

I rode through a dam thunderstorm that came outta nowhere yesterday and just kept the rev's under 4K until 4th-5th gear. Considering my rear spins when the ground is dry I would not even THINK about hitting it in the rain or snow for that matter...

Abe

I have to be really careful in the rain. For one, I have ME880's which aren't the stickiest tire. Two, I run open boost and can spin the tire pretty easily in 3rd on wet roads.

mark, you could easily install a switch (if you were so inclined) to kill the power to the servo whenever u wanted right? so u leave it open 99% of the time but if u get caught in the rain, u flip the switch under 6k rpms, causing vboost to close and then flip the switch off again?

Garret, I already have a 3-way switch built to manually open and close the vboost. I just need to install it.

3rd position is the middle and does nothing. You push up and hold to open vboost and pull back and hold to close vboost. I spliced into two pins on the round vboost connector. Kloker showed me a diagram on which pins, it's in the service manual.

3rd position is the middle and does nothing. You push up and hold to open vboost and pull back and hold to close vboost. I spliced into two pins on the round vboost connector. Kloker showed me a diagram on which pins, it's in the service manual.

ooo wow thats very nice. so basically ur sending the signal right to the motor either 'keep opening' or 'keep closing'

Correct. It opens/closes as long as I am pushing the switch. I would have it closed with syncing.

Correct. It opens/closes as long as I am pushing the switch. I would have it closed with syncing.

sweet idea.. when u install some pics where u splice in would be killer!

2 weeks ago I left CaptainKyle's house (very cool tech day) and rode home in a typical Florida t-storm. Left turn signal quit the next day - water in the switch. Years ago I laid down my first street bike in the rain by hitting the rear brake just a tad too hard. I have bad luck in the rain - I avoid it when possible, but in the summer you never know. I just ride slow & wear my gear...

I used a spring loaded 3-way switch. See attached diagram.

Hey mark.

i see ur only connecting to 2 wires? i could see how that switch would either make it open or close, but how does it do both off of only 2 wires?

also would the 'off' center position, leave it stock @ 6k?

Maybe it's because there have been so many hard rains this year, :confused2: but it seems like there are a lot of places, like exit ramps and intersections, where sand and gravel have washed out onto the road.

It doesn't take long for the traffic to kick it off to the shoulder but the morning after a big rain it's a good idea to be looking out for this.

Back