It Appears We're Into Another Obama Firearms Scare.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
The Gun Show here last weekend went over the top. The line at one point was said to be a mile and a half long. One of my shooting buddies went and saw the line, turned around and went home. He said that people had shopping carts full of ammo already leaving the show at 10:30 the first morning.

As most of you know I shoot for some of the industries manufacturers. I had a call this morning from one, telling me that they'd run into a wall getting parts to build AR-15's.

The Gun Stores here were selling 20 firearms a day and that was 3 weeks ago. Probably 50 or so a day now.

I went on Midway USA to order the few things I need to survive as a shooter. Ammo, I'm set on.. Midway was Out of Stock on so many things I went to Brownell's. Now if the items I ordered don't go the same way before my order is pulled, I'll be OK.

If anyone here needs something from the firearm industry, now might be a very good time to act quickly.....

How is that an Obama thing Grumpy? Not that I am invested either way. I read all the anti Obama rhetoric in the NRA magazine but don't see anything O has done to hinder, limit, restrict, or register our weapons. Is this just a cultural hysteria thing?
PATMAX

Exactly, you're correct Patrick....... But everyone points the finger to the man they perceive as having so much power in this country. I'm just a lowly shooter so I follow suite behind those at the NRA who start the rumors... :rofl_200:No Badd Intended, hope none will be taken. Rumors will empty the Gun Stores out once more. My point is,,,, buy what you want now before it's all gone and on backorder for the next year...

BTW: I really hope to see you 3/31/2012 at the Tech Day Brother....

Thanks for the reply Dave. I've been shooting since I was twelve but have only followed gun issues/rights since college and carried for work for eleven years. My brother has the bug worse than you but can afford all the high end stuff. If some of these guys here knew what we used to pay for good ammo compared to ammo components, they'd shit! Heck, just trying to find large caliber handgun primers got scarce there for a while. Never thought I'd see the day but seems like everyone wants to get their CCW. Talked to an instructor that told me what the wait is now for classes and backgrounds. Wow, we shoulda bought stock in guns and ammo manufactures when we were young right?!

Honestly not too worried about it.

My dads service wepon is on its way to me and all I need is a few boxes of ammo. Simply for home defense. I wouldent mind getting a smaller gun for the wife.

Yeah, I have been trying to find some some parts and everything is out of stock........

I'm still sweating the completeness of the order I made yesterday. Brownell's is packing it as I write this. If anything is Out of Stock. It'll show that status soon.:confused2:

12.21.2012 seems the fear is on. I just bought a couple of guns, and it was mobbed at the store. something like a 3 hour wait on sat. I do like a website www.cheaperthandirt.com for the basics.

I get a gun smith discount at Brownell's and Midway. CTD wanted me to pay for that and they make too many multiple point shipments. That drives the cost up....:bang head:

My Brownell's order went through complete so guess I can keep myself going through this coming period of frantic buying.:rofl_200::clapping:

DOD recalculated the Mayan Calender to include the leap years. Oops now it comes out to May 2012....:ummm:

"DOD recalculated the Mayan Calender to include the leap years. Oops now it comes out to May 2012....:ummm:[/QUOTE]

Interesting :hmmm:

Latest posts

Back