its about time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethrobolas

Reaction score
Been waiting 6500 miles for this.
Pulled off 80/94 and gassed up. Head back to the on-ramp and a Harley is making a left, so I let him go and setteled in behind him. He let me hear his Rineharts down the ramp a couple times.
Merge onto the highway and there is 2 lanes side by side wide open. He opens it up. I inch up next to him and we are side by side. Needles are climbing on the gauges. Neck and neck in a battle.
Faster, faster we fly through the night. Him on his shining, meticulously cleaned steed with his club's colors on his back. Me on my bug encrusted, water spot speckeled (got cought in the rain last week) on mine with my Walmart backpack full of work gear and lunchbox on my back.
I just couldn't take it anymore. He must have felt pretty good, figured he had me. I snapped my throttle open and pulled away like he was on a bicycle. Ran it up to 140 before I checked my tiny mirrors and couldn't pick his headlight out from the cars.

I know that its no big deal to spank a Harley, but it was my first one, and I felt like sharing with you here on the forum. Figure you gents may appreciate more than my wife ( she dosen't like hearing about me playing).:punk:

You should be ashamed of yourself!..........Crushing that poor riders spirit like that!.............Good job!.........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

congrats ! Im still looking...........I mean waiting for a Ducati Diavel

Harley Davidson Motorcycle - $20,000. H-D ridng gear- $1000. Mods to make it run and sound good-$2500. Crushing his inflated ego with a $10,000 Vmax.....Priceless

Attachments

• new bike.jpg
    new bike.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 23
My wife spanked a Harley(tm) rider down a twisty road a while back. Spanked him hard enough to shut him up. (He was making disparaging comments about her ride, while we all were at a stoplight during a dice run)

She rides a Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter.
Saw no more of the HD(tm) rider that day!

Kinda like kicking a puppy.
I have gotten schooled by a couple rockets in moderate traffic as they weaved through the cars and disappeared. I have a family now, so I will hide my lack of testicular fortitude behind that. I think I have suprised a few by being on their tail when they didn't expect me to still be there.
It's not the fastest bike, but I sure do love my max!

Been waiting 6500 miles for this.
Pulled off 80/94 and gassed up. Head back to the on-ramp and a Harley is making a left, so I let him go and setteled in behind him. He let me hear his Rineharts down the ramp a couple times.
Merge onto the highway and there is 2 lanes side by side wide open. He opens it up. I inch up next to him and we are side by side. Needles are climbing on the gauges. Neck and neck in a battle.
Faster, faster we fly through the night. Him on his shining, meticulously cleaned steed with his club's colors on his back. Me on my bug encrusted, water spot speckeled (got cought in the rain last week) on mine with my Walmart backpack full of work gear and lunchbox on my back.
I just couldn't take it anymore. He must have felt pretty good, figured he had me. I snapped my throttle open and pulled away like he was on a bicycle. Ran it up to 140 before I checked my tiny mirrors and couldn't pick his headlight out from the cars.

I know that its no big deal to spank a Harley, but it was my first one, and I felt like sharing with you here on the forum. Figure you gents may appreciate more than my wife ( she dosen't like hearing about me playing).:punk:

Next time this happens slow it down and try to pull up along side him at a light. Then ask him if he needs help.

Last time I pulled this routine the guy asked me "help with WHAT??"
I replied "tools, a tow, some gasoline??"
He answered "why would I need that shit?"
Me - "Well, thought there was something wrong with your bike. Broke something, or running out of gas or whatever. Seemed like it anyways back there when I passed you".
Him - "I'm gonna kick the shit out of you"
Me - "(LAUGHING) Thats gonna be tough one since you could never catch me"......Burnout....

Perhaps not one of my finer episodes of decision making. But personally I found much more satisfying than beating him in a race.

Always liked the one from Rockatansky about the harley guy and his chick Broomhilda!! That was a great one too!! :rofl_200:
Yes, a classic.
I learned early on street racing in Chicago that the next best thing to the adrenaline hit after the run was an ample dose of verbal jousting depending on the demeanor of the opponent, his brand of vehicle, capability of bodily harm etc.
Love burning someone down and then adding verbal salt to wounds..... Sometimes a look is all thats required.

The way people are getting shot in Chicago these days, better to avoid such things. Smile, laugh, then bug-out!

I had an encounter with a Hardley on Friday night downtown. Just taking the wife out for a cruise and pulled up to a stoplight. He was a couple cars behind us. We rolled off from the light at a leisurely pace and I could hear him running the hell out of it to catch up. He got up next to us revved the engine a few times at about 30mph. I kicked it down to first and cracked the throttle, ripped the front wheel up into the air. The note from the exhaust alone made my adrenaline start pumping. Shift to second and let the clutch fly, front wheel back up in the air. Shift to third and really laid on the throttle. At this point we had already pulled ahead by a half a block or so. Shut it down for the next light and came to a stop. The guy pulls up next to us again and I look over to smile and laugh at him, but he wouldn't even look my way. I revved at him a couple times trying to get him to go again, but when the light turned he decided to turn right at the last second. It's embarrassing to lose, but even worse when you get beat by someone riding double.

Latest posts

Back