January 2017 and I still can't....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...try out my modified Widder heated vest and gauntlets. Nothing but rain, rain, and more rain since New Years.

Anyway, I bought a Gerbing rheostat controller to replace my straight wire set up and adapted it to plug into the vest. Now I can dial up how much warmth I want when riding...that is if I ever get to ride after it stops raining....:damn angry:

Weather man today showed 7 days of sun here in Arkansas. Will try to blow some sinshine your way.

Sunny in GA and starting to feel like winter again. I got heated gloves from CycleGear and love them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for nicer weather to head your way.

Weather man today showed 7 days of sun here in Arkansas. Will try to blow some sinshine your way.

Sunny in GA and starting to feel like winter again. I got heated gloves from CycleGear and love them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for nicer weather to head your way.

Thanks guys!!! I've not ridden since the last dry day we had here in early December and I'm starting to feel like I'm going through signs of Vmax withdrawal.....:tantrum:

...try out my modified Widder heated vest and gauntlets. Nothing but rain, rain, and more rain since New Years.

Anyway, I bought a Gerbing rheostat controller to replace my straight wire set up and adapted it to plug into the vest. Now I can dial up how much warmth I want when riding...that is if I ever get to ride after it stops raining....:damn angry:

The rain has been a pain. But! I got First Gear heated liner and gloves from wifey for Christmas, and I got the dual zone controller. Not cheap, but riding in the 20's over the Brooklyn Bridge is actually pleasant now. In the high 30's on full heat, the liner even makes me sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rain has been a pain. But! I got First Gear heated liner and gloves from wifey for Christmas, and I got the dual zone controller. Not cheap, but riding in the 20's over the Brooklyn Bridge is actually pleasant now. In the high 30's on full heat, the liner even makes me sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temps here in KY have been in the low to mid 30s....I've had a chance to plug into my bike and the heated vest and gauntlets get pretty warm, enough that I have to dial back the rheostat controller about half setting. The real test is when I can actually ride....

I rode in this morning...temp this morning was 39°, with a wind chill factor of 21.1° but the Widder heated vest and gauntlets kept me pretty toasty. I had the Gerbing rheostat switch on full power which was the same as the straight wire set up I had previously. I'm sure if I didn't plug in the gauntlets, the vest would have been even warmer still.

Anyways, weather.com says we're in for more dry weather ahead until Sunday!!! :)

Back