Jap Bike killer - bmw 1000rr

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been hearing about this bike for some time now in our Sunday group from a guy who has the means and want for something like that. Of coarse he got one the minute it was available.

I know its bad ass and all but the truth is that there's not that many men that can take that bike to its true limits.

As for the demo video, hauling ass around a track, big deal. There's a million videos of bikes doing that.

This is my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfQp3aBZwA&feature=related
Now thats a demo video.
hahaha,
RIDE ON
FREERIDER Inc

You'll see a couple in action tonight in the superbike championship.
The BMW will be a regular winner after they get it sorted.

it's bass ass for sure, but as Freerider said, only a handful can run it balls out.

I went to the local BMW/Ducati/Triumph stealers yesterday, and saw the S1000RR in the flesh for the first time.

Amazing feat of engineering, looks great, swingarm is incredible, absolutely no way I'd ever go on something like that outside a race track! Riding position is what I'd call 'commited'. Ouch. lol

I went to the local BMW/Ducati/Triumph stealers yesterday, and saw the S1000RR in the flesh for the first time.

Amazing feat of engineering, looks great, swingarm is incredible, absolutely no way I'd ever go on something like that outside a race track! Riding position is what I'd call 'commited'. Ouch. lol

A group of us (three on VMaxes) went over yesterday also and took a look. It's a beauty, alright. But, damn...that riding position.

But, damn...that riding position.

Its the most comfortable position you can have when your riding over 100 mph. Try it on the Vmax and it feels like the helmet is going to rip your head off.

Of course! Which is why I would NEVER ride that bike outside a race track. You gotta have a death wish to wanna ride this on the road IMHO.

Of course! Which is why I would NEVER ride that bike outside a race track. You gotta have a death wish to wanna ride this on the road IMHO.
same can be said about the R!, CBR 1000, GSXR...

Definitely. All true for me. I love these bikes, but only for the track.
Do the Canyons or Freeways count as "tracks"?:confused2: :rofl_200:

You know what these are really good for?
Fucking with cops!:eusa_dance:
Roll up next to one and look at him while giving him the middle finger:th_flipthebird:. :rofl_200:
Then off like a rocket, they dont have a prayer.

Not saying that I would do that:whistlin:

You'll see a couple in action tonight in the superbike championship.
The BMW will be a regular winner after they get it sorted.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

All I have to say is RSV4.:clapping:
Come on guys, we're V4 RIDERS.
If I was going to get an exotic bike Im going Italian all the way.
:punk:

For the BMW I would like to see some videos demonstraiting how the traction control works. Im sure its a hard thing to show on video but I dont the cash to find out for myself.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

All I have to say is RSV4.:clapping:
Come on guys, we're V4 RIDERS.
If I was going to get an exotic bike Im going Italian all the way. :punk:

For the BMW I would like to see some videos demonstraiting how the traction control works. Im sure its a hard thing to show on video but I dont the cash to find out for myself.

The Italians really do make a great exotic package but I could overlook engine configuration and take the bimmer with 190 HP for 14k instead of the RSV4 with 180 hp for 26k! That "V" just isn't worth approx double the price for less HP!

Same reason I'd choose a Porche twin turbo for half the price of an Italian car that could match its performance.

Just my 2 cents!

Blaine

RSV4 R is 16k not 26. But it's not 180 hp. I'm going to do a side by side test ride on BMW and RSV4 when I'm ready to buy. Guys at the dealer who tested both said the RSV4 had much more soul/character than the BMW

The Italians really do make a great exotic package but I could overlook engine configuration and take the bimmer with 190 HP for 14k instead of the RSV4 with 180 hp for 26k! That "V" just isn't worth approx double the price for less HP!

Same reason I'd choose a Porche twin turbo for half the price of an Italian car that could match its performance.

Just my 2 cents!

Blaine

When buying Italian anything you usually arent worried about the money.
When I was taking my morning shit today I was reading the June Cycle World and its big article on the bikes of 2010. It states that they Dynoed the BMW and came out with 180rwhp flat. It also says that some other Dyno's of the bike came out 15+. Altitude and other factors. Bla Bla Bla.
The bimmer looks like it got punched in the eye. :rofl_200:

Back