Jay Gleason and I...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbretthorton

Reaction score
Got to line up against the MAN!!
Obviousy did not turn out in my favor...:rofl_200:
Really nice guy and still can ride!
He LOVES the GenII he says!

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 89
Very cool. Just being able to say you lined up against the man would be accomplishment enough for most of us here :)

Congratulations.
R

ME SO JEALOUS. Now I can say, "I shook hands with a guy who lined up against Jay...and I've got pics to prove it." Hahaha.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

pretty cool man. that kind of stuff is good for the memories. take the first pic to him and ask if he could sign it?

peace,
evan...

Very cool:punk: , times? looks like Tims looking at what to do for jays seat to keep him inplace :hmmm:.........:biglaugh:

Funny you say that.... Thats exactly what they where doing!! HAHA!!

Funny you say that.... Thats exactly what they where doing!! HAHA!!
If your talking to me tell him I start working on it in the fall. I have it in my head just gonna try to hook up with some GenII guys over the summer to use as sounding boards for my ideas. But It will be as innovative as the original MAXGASSER.

How small is Jay? 5'7" 150?

Absolutely Priceless Kodak Moments... Once in a lifetime but maybe not...

One of the passes (when I had a good 60'er) Jay and I where just about neck and neck through maybe 400' I missed a shift and there he went... gone....
We got back to the staging lane and (again I was having a good pass) he says "what happened to you, we where right together?" I explained that I missed a shift... then he said " yeah I had a shitty pass as well" HAAA! moral to the story shitty pass for him is great pass for us!

That is very cool to get that opportunity, but next time , slip a couple hundred pounds in his pockets and you'll beat him!

All is fair in Racing!

Mike

That is really a great honor Bro. To line up against the old Patron Saint of the Vmax. You had to be a little distracted and in awe. I'd be.
I'd like to just meet this guy sometime. I believe Jay has an 85 that Yamaha gave him,if I understsand that right. He put the Vmax on the map way back in the 80's. Great pics. Thanks for posting this.
clapping.gif

Steve-o

Got to line up against the MAN!!
Obviousy did not turn out in my favor...:rofl_200:
Really nice guy and still can ride!
He LOVES the GenII he says!

Back