Jay Gleason still at it.......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Pee Wee was doing some testing for Tim Nash recently down in Bradenton Florida and got to beating up on a B-King. He's still got it!

Tim has done a phenomenal job in tuning the Gen 2, and has some more good stuff in the pipeline.

Jay of course is legendary........keep in mind the VMax he is riding is stock height, and not even strapped! He is launching on his tippy toes, and foot shifting. I don't know how he does it.......amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AHL2wcA1Y

Last edited:
That right there is nothing short of AWESOME! I got goosebumps.

How do you get this inside info? Jay lives in my town but we aren't friends or acquaintances by any means but I would think someone around in our Max community would hear something about his adventures. Jay was never the bragging type and a humble guy. You got to appreciate that about the man.

How do you get this inside info? Jay lives in my town but we aren't friends or acquaintances by any means but I would think someone around in our Max community would hear something about his adventures. Jay was never the bragging type and a humble guy. You got to appreciate that about the man.

Tim and Jay were just doing some testing, so not too many would know about it (although Brett was there too...he's the guy on the red Gen 2) if Tim hadn't posted the video on another site.

You're right, I've never met Jay myself but from everything I've seen and heard about him, it appears he let's his performnace do the talking. ;)

What RPM would you guys guess he's launching at?

Maybe 3000-3500 rpm. The engine make so much TQ down low you don't need to rev it much more than that. A lot different than an inline 4 which needs a lot more revs. to keep from bogging.

Was there, by chance, a v-roomy prototype hiding under the hood on that bike?

Hmmmm, I'd have sworn I heard a lot of VROOM VROOM'ing in that vid... The throttle response sure seems 'quick' as compared to mine, watching Jay do the twisting.

Wow. thanks for sharing. I didn't know Pee Wee was still out there doing his thing as good as ever. I still remember the article in 1985 where he said the vmax was the first bike that had scared him in a long time.

It's been nearly 25 years since I saw, or heard, anyone referring to him as "Pee Wee". I'd forgotten all about that.

Latest posts

Back