Jet change (thanks Sean)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean,
First I got the jets. The 150's are a larger diameter and will not fit thru the bowl jet access plug. No real biggie though. I put in the 147.5's. It flat screams. The Old style Hindle 4-1 and K7N filter love it. I still have to sync the carbs as the domestic goddess decided to move my carb stix and they now have no mercury. I am hoping to find some here locally. It is just not smooth off idle untill it gets a little throttle. But when you crack it open it hauls. Would you recomend going to 150's on a stock bike or leave it with 152.5's?

Thanks
Jim

Even stock bikes can benefit from a slightly smaller main. I am not sure why the 150's won't fit through? They should have the same head size and if they are close maybe a little sanding will work.

You may need a little more A/F screw adjustment and or carb sync to get the smoother idle.

There is a thread on here somewhere on how to make your own carb sync tool which will work for you.

Sean

When I went searching for mains they came in 2 head sizes: Fat and skinny.

Same thread and size, just large and small head.

When I went searching for mains they came in 2 head sizes: Fat and skinny.

Same thread and size, just large and small head.

+1, when I changed to my 150's the shop originally gave me fat's too. I had to tell them small head.

Yes, small round head. I asked him because I only have a few of the large head ones on hand for my old Yamaha Seca Turbo.

Sean

$10 a set for most sizes. I may be running low on a few sizes but try to keep 147.5's and up on hand.

Sean

The 147's are small but the 150's are large. If you want them back for your Seca let me know. I think they will work for me just have to remove the bowls for changing. I hope to not have to do that often.

Jim

Probably not worth the shipping to get them back. You should be able to machine the heads down without effecting the function of the jet. I am sorry I sent the wrong ones. if you want the other set let me know.

Sean

Sean,
I will eventually be sending you some other things and may throw them in with it. It is not a problem as the 147.5's worked with the Hindle. That is the one I am riding now. Just got to get the carbs sync'd.

Jim

Latest posts

Back