Jet-Hot coating

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

355cid

Reaction score
I'm kicking around the idea of getting my airscoops Jet-Hot ( aluminum ceramic ) coated as an alternative to the labor intense polishing and the expensive chrome plating, but after contacting Jet-Hot they want me to sign a damage release because they use heat to clean/ apply their coating. I'm wondering if any other forum members have gone this route or know of anybody who has had this type of coating applied to cast aluminum. Thanks for any input.:ummm:

We are a Jet Hot dealer too. The scoops are aluminum (at least the stock ones are) and will handle the heat just fine.

Sean

Sean

I think they are not bare aluminum... I believe them to be some kind of antimonium alloy like those little toy cars... But im not sure on this...

They are a cast aluminum which does suck too. But, they survive powdercoating and chroming which are both very hot processes. They also survive being welded on and don't just turn into a molten pile. I am not sure how hot they get in the jet hot but I would think they should survive.

The jet hot is not nearly as shiny as regular powercoating can get and not nearly as many colors offered so not really sure what the goal of using them in this case is?

"...not really sure what the goal of using them in this case is?"
Maybe to match the exhaust?

They quoted me $92.00 plus s&h to coat the pair of them. I had a set of expansion chambers for my H2 Jet-Hot coated and the finish has held up well. I hadn't checked into powder coating.

Yeah, I can't imagine them having a problem as long as they didn't heat them up too fast or cool them too fast. The Jet-Hot rep. I've been talking to said they rarely have a problem and it sounds like they just want to cover their butts. They recommend hitting them with some aluminum polish once or twice a year for maintainence but I've never polished my chambers and they still look as good as the day I took them outta the box 3 yrs. ago.

Jet hot coating seems to hold up a little better than powder coating & seems to have a little brighter finish than the chrome powder coating. A lot of the guys in the CBX club have used it on various things & it looks great.

Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm soooooo glad I found this site.

Latest posts

Back