Jet Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
This may have been covered, but does anyone have detailed photos of what Jet goes where? There are 3 jets that the threads and diameters are identical but they have different diameter openings. I got a used 91 and when I opened two carbs 3 and 4, it looks like different jets are seated in the same location on different carbs.. So I cannot trust using carbs 1 and 2 as a guide. I don’t know what the previous owner did.
One jet is behind the rubber diaphragm.
One is at the bottom of the Jet Block inside the float chamber.
and one is on the top of the carb looking down at the Carb Slider.
I'm trying to look at the manual but it has no reference to a part number or stamp that might be on the part itself.
Any help would be great..

I've actually seen this post but it really doesn’t help identify what jet goes where if you had all 3 in your hand.. Also, the supplemental manual states that there are two different Main jets that's in Carbs 1 and 3 vs. Carbs 2 and 4.

Can anyone positively ID these jets?
Also, are there different jets for different carbs?

Jet ID question.jpg

In my opinion if you can't read the markings on them they're not worth the hassle.
I fought the same thing for a while trying to salvage scarred up jets and its just a pain in the ass.

Jetsrus.com can supply both DJ and Mikuni, as well as Mikuni equivalents that make life a whole lot easier.

Plus getting the exact drill bit size to gauge them with leaves a lot of room for error. I think someone makes a tool for that but am not sure.

After months of down time and working on my bike almost every day after work and on the weekends, tore the carbs apart again and found that the Previous Owner had 3 Non Mukuni Main (118) jets and one DJ, I decided to go to the local MC shop, and took about two hours looking for Mukini's, could not find any, but I found a 4 set of DJ 118 for the mains.
This is now the 4th time I took the carbs apart to trying to remedy this power problem. I put the new jets in place, checked and adjusted all float levels (they were very low), re-assembled the carbs and put them back in the bike, synched them up (all looks good) and took it for a test run.
The bike acted the same way.. Only could get up to 2-3K in 2nd gear and bogs down and hesitates to move.
Tested again today with the duct tape and took her up to 80 on a 1/8 mile strip. Smooth transitions from gears 1 to 4 and pulling hard..
I AM DONE WITH THIS SH_T!!!! :bang head: Its Beaten me up good..
If it wants to run nice with blocking off some of the air intake, SO BE IT!!
I fashioned two semi air blockers on the Air Box, made from a computer's drive access cover. I just don't like what duct tape turns into when left for a long time.Air Box Mod.jpg

If you really meant DJ118 you're way to small. Stock is Mikuni 152.5.

Dale #2592

You are correct with the 152.5 but the stock settings, if I remember correctly, are, carbs 1 and 3 with 152.5 and 2 and 4 with 152.. So if the bike has 118's in there, it would make sense why my default fuel / air mix is off. Bigger problem here is, the previous owner did not have the stock jets in place and I don’t know what jets should go with that needle set.. I tested her again tonight and she really fly’s.. I'm a big guy and that max like to pull my helmet off doing 85 in about 6 seconds.. Whooooooo Hoooooooooooo.. Even when I got her last year, she never moved like that before.

Back