John Cornell's Bad, Fast Max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

200 RWHP

Reaction score
"JON CORNELL is the quickest and fastest 2009 Vmax on the Planet!!!"

Not sure If I'm allowed to post links but take a look on the ufo vmax site.. He has posted his time slip :clapping:[email protected]
Way to go guys Keep up the speed:punk:

Will be cool when someone can 60' that beast. Should be able to run 8.8's or better with that kinda mph.

"JON CORNELL is the quickest and fastest 2009 Vmax on the Planet!!!"

Not sure If I'm allowed to post links but take a look on the ufo vmax site.. He has posted his time slip :clapping:[email protected]
Way to go guys Keep up the speed:punk:

Not to be a prick...but were you there to witness the run? Because its on his web site does it mean its the truth?

Cornell has lied in the past and been caught, so why should anyone believe anything he puts on his web site?

Until I see video of the run it sounds like BS to me.

Not to be a prick...but were you there to witness the run? Because its on his web site does it mean its the truth?

Cornell has lied in the past and been caught, so why should anyone believe anything he puts on his web site?

Until I see video of the run it sounds like BS to me.

Hmmm, I understand.... I also would love to see a video! Notice that the v-max is missing a front rotor and lower rad.. I bet this bike is much lighter and has a few mods that we will never find out about. Someone said on this forum about "slightly modified" I think this bike is more than that. Can't take away from the time slip though,Nice times if indeed it is true! I think any debate of this type is good news for the v-max, it opens peoples eyes for sure! Bring on the aftermarket so this bike can have the goodies that are are avalible for the first gen :worthy:

Thats funny us 1st gen guys are sayin bring on the R&D so we can have the new shit that came with the 2nd gen! LMAO
MY KINGDOM FOR A FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM!

Wouldnt mind radials either...or ABS...or digital readouts...or a gas GUAGE instead of a F****** light!

But hey Im a bit of a complainer

Thats funny us 1st gen guys are sayin bring on the R&D so we can have the new shit that came with the 2nd gen! LMAO
MY KINGDOM FOR A FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM!

Wouldnt mind radials either...or ABS...or digital readouts...or a gas GUAGE instead of a F****** light!

But hey Im a bit of a complainer

My new Rocket came with a light instead of a gas gauge! I was shocked. Worse yet, it came on at 3.1 gallons out of 6.5 used, or about half way, so I had to modify it to come on at a more reasonable 4.6 gallons used.

Triumph will sell me a gauge however for the low low price of just $200.00. :damn angry: Anyway ... I guess they were just trying to keep up with 20 year technology (e.g., at least they didn't use a petcock and main that runs out without warning).

nothin says "you MIGHT be ok" like that little light glowing a little,then turning bright.

Then you gotta calculate how far youre going,where the next gas station is,what rate you're burning fuel at BLA BLA BLA.

$200 is a high price though...Guess if the alternative is a high priceor minding the annoying little light I might just take mylittle dumb light!

I just get used to how many miles based on the odometer. The only time it is a problem is when you are doing unusual drives, like highway miles for me personally, or driving slow for some oddball reason.

I also just stuck with the stupid little light. Although, I have to say, that little light came on on the max and well ... I barely made it to the gas station 1 mile away and ran out of gas in the parking lot!!!

So get this ... I'm taking apart the motorcycle and I see a "RESERVE" switch! Oh man I felt stupid. I had actually gotten off the bike when the light came on and looked for a petcock, couldn't find one, and then whined to my wife about the thing having a terrible reserve once the light pops on.

Hehehe ... maybe flipping the switch will help. Doh.

So get this ... I'm taking apart the motorcycle and I see a "RESERVE" switch! Oh man I felt stupid. I had actually gotten off the bike when the light came on and looked for a petcock, couldn't find one, and then whined to my wife about the thing having a terrible reserve once the light pops on.

Hehehe ... maybe flipping the switch will help. Doh.

Bwhahahaha! that's almost worth a Doh! award! :rofl_200:

awesome time , i think Rusty blogged a 2009 vmax run of 9.97 stock at 141 mph...sweet either way. breaking 10 on a gen 1 is almost impossible

Dale Walker had clean launches, it included a major bog from the start, and had great runs but he still couldn't reach Pee Wee's time.

If it included a bog, it was not a good clean launch. I believe Dale was hampered by the stk rear tire, which is the biggest set back for the Gen II's. Its like tap dancing on a razor blade trying to launch a long wheelbase bike w/o a sticky tire. Even if you get it right, its still handicapped.
Putting Jay on any bike ='s fast times. He only weighs 120ish lbs. I'm sure with seat time he would get even quicker. Fact is that High 1.5 60's from a 65" wheelbase bike is nothing special(if traction is not an issue). At that wheelbase, mid-high 1.4's would be good 60's with good traction(not easy to do though).
I dunno if the clutch is an issue or what. I don't think there has been many good riders that have ridden the Gen II with a sticky tire. Of course, i doubt there are many Gen II owners that would let someone hop on their $17K machines and let them be flogged down the track(don't blame them either). Real good riders(dragracing) will be throwing their $$$ at bikes with more potential(for $$$ spent) at the track. Thus, i think it will be awhile before we see what the Gen II is REALLY capable of.

If it included a bog, it was not a good clean launch. I believe Dale was hampered by the stk rear tire, which is the biggest set back for the Gen II's. Its like tap dancing on a razor blade trying to launch a long wheelbase bike w/o a sticky tire. Even if you get it right, its still handicapped.
Putting Jay on any bike ='s fast times. He only weighs 120ish lbs. I'm sure with seat time he would get even quicker. Fact is that High 1.5 60's from a 65" wheelbase bike is nothing special(if traction is not an issue). At that wheelbase, mid-high 1.4's would be good 60's with good traction(not easy to do though).
I dunno if the clutch is an issue or what. I don't think there has been many good riders that have ridden the Gen II with a sticky tire. Of course, i doubt there are many Gen II owners that would let someone hop on their $17K machines and let them be flogged down the track(don't blame them either). Real good riders(dragracing) will be throwing their $$$ at bikes with more potential(for $$$ spent) at the track. Thus, i think it will be awhile before we see what the Gen II is REALLY capable of.
The bike Dale rode had an M/T slick , lowered , strapped , big air kit ,Holeshot push button shifter , piped and tunned and MR9 .. His best that day was 9.51 .. One other rider ran a 9.49 ( lighter weight rider ) ...Having raced a few 09 Vmaxs myself , one with a slick and street tire they run best leaving soft ( 3500 RPMs ) .. I was able to get a 1.57 60 foot on a street tire , no problem hooking on a street tire either..
Just so you know i run 1.34 60s in my zx14 @ 62 inch wheel base ...So it's not the rider skills that keep the Vmax from 60 footing good numbers ..Some of the problem is the weight but the biggest problem is the fly bye wire throttle ...The harder you push it out of the hole the slower it goes ..Problem is you ask the Vmax for one thing and the Fly bye wire gives you something else ..You can leave at 70000 and it will bog really bad no matter how long you slide the clutch ... As soon as the clutch is out it bogs because the fly bye wire has shut down the throttle blades.. Leave at 3500 and it bogs much less and 60s better .. I was with Jay Gleason when he ran his best numbers ( 9.39 ) and lower RPMs worked the best .. If you could get rid of the fly bye wire i'm sure it would 60 foot way better .. The clutch is very good and easly to use , much like my zx14 clutch so it's not a problem ..
I agree with you , the Vmax will not be the racers best pick for a drag bike .. For half the money you can have a Busa or zx14 running deep into the 8s and still be streetable ..A Vmax running mid 9s with a slick and MR9 is not all that streetable ..It's a great bike and fun to ride on the street but not a great pick for a drag bike ..

Here is video of the Vmax drag day ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHSL1nRU38

awesome time , i think Rusty blogged a 2009 vmax run of 9.97 stock at 141 mph...sweet either way. breaking 10 on a gen 1 is almost impossible

No way in hell did I ever make that claim, best I've ever pulled on a Max was low mid-low 11's

I think you may have meant "INTO the 10's" which would be high 10's, which I've never done

No way in hell did I ever make that claim, best I've ever pulled on a Max was low mid-low 11's

If I made a claim like that I'd get flamed off this forum so fast it'd set my ass hairs on fire.......

I think you may have meant "INTO the 10's" which would be high 10's, which I've never done, and probabaly only a very few guys on this board have done...

The bike Dale rode had an M/T slick , lowered , strapped , big air kit ,Holeshot push button shifter , piped and tunned and MR9 .. His best that day was 9.51 .. One other rider ran a 9.49 ( lighter weight rider ) ...Having raced a few 09 Vmaxs myself , one with a slick and street tire they run best leaving soft ( 3500 RPMs ) .. I was able to get a 1.57 60 foot on a street tire , no problem hooking on a street tire either..
Just so you know i run 1.34 60s in my zx14 @ 62 inch wheel base ...So it's not the rider skills that keep the Vmax from 60 footing good numbers ..Some of the problem is the weight but the biggest problem is the fly bye wire throttle ...The harder you push it out of the hole the slower it goes ..Problem is you ask the Vmax for one thing and the Fly bye wire gives you something else ..You can leave at 70000 and it will bog really bad no matter how long you slide the clutch ... As soon as the clutch is out it bogs because the fly bye wire has shut down the throttle blades.. Leave at 3500 and it bogs much less and 60s better .. I was with Jay Gleason when he ran his best numbers ( 9.39 ) and lower RPMs worked the best .. If you could get rid of the fly bye wire i'm sure it would 60 foot way better .. The clutch is very good and easly to use , much like my zx14 clutch so it's not a problem ..
I agree with you , the Vmax will not be the racers best pick for a drag bike .. For half the money you can have a Busa or zx14 running deep into the 8s and still be streetable ..A Vmax running mid 9s with a slick and MR9 is not all that streetable ..It's a great bike and fun to ride on the street but not a great pick for a drag bike ..

Here is video of the Vmax drag day ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHSL1nRU38

Like i said, i dunno what the problem is. The wheelbase is not being utilized for whatever reason. I was not aware of Dale riding anything other than a stk one which he put in the low 10's.
Its just terrible that a dumb shmo like me can run the same or better times on a lowered stk GEN I Busa(with stk exhaust and no pc at stk wheelbase) than a prepped and modded Gen II V-max. I just don't understand why Yamaha would build such a powerhouse, give it wheelbase and then handicap it like they did.
I know you are a good rider and to be honest i've not kept up with any progress anyone has made on the Gen II.
1.34 60's at 62" (no weight added??? Or some other manipulation of weight?) is simply awesome. In fact, personally i'd have to see it for myself before i'd believe it. No offese meant. I can only think of one person in the world that i would believe could do that(Rickey "Hollywood" Grayson). Of course, i'm constantly suprised...:punk:

Like i said, i dunno what the problem is. The wheelbase is not being utilized for whatever reason. I was not aware of Dale riding anything other than a stk one which he put in the low 10's.
Its just terrible that a dumb shmo like me can run the same or better times on a lowered stk GEN I Busa(with stk exhaust and no pc at stk wheelbase) than a prepped and modded Gen II V-max. I just don't understand why Yamaha would build such a powerhouse, give it wheelbase and then handicap it like they did.
I know you are a good rider and to be honest i've not kept up with any progress anyone has made on the Gen II.
1.34 60's at 62" (no weight added??? Or some other manipulation of weight?) is simply awesome. In fact, personally i'd have to see it for myself before i'd believe it. No offese meant. I can only think of one person in the world that i would believe could do that(Rickey "Hollywood" Grayson). Of course, i'm constantly suprised...:punk:
I have run 1.34 on both my zx14s . It doesn't happen every run but i do Avg about 1.37 ... No weight added , No tricks other than just normal bolt ons ..Here is a video of a 1.37 5.65 @ 125 .. If i hit the low 1.30s a go a 5.60 flat .. That is on motor with pump 87 gas ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AmtV7hmpRw

Here are a few passes on my 2009 zx14 ..Same day i watched Jay Gleason run 9.39

09zx14-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back