- Jon Cornell Has Died -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is on Planet Vmax

http://planetvmax.com/about/take-me-to-your-leader/

I was surprised that there wasnt anything on the planet max site

That is a link to the article about his accomplishments; no mention of his death.

JON J. CORNELL, age 56; went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, July 9, 2013; beloved husband of Heather (nee Rizen); loving father of Justyn Brown, Vincent Cornell, and Maria Cornell; brother of three; son-in-law of Charles and Carol Rizen; friend of many, he was loved by all; loved his family, his Lord, and his work passion-motorcycles; professional drag-racer for over 30 years and a firm believer of "circumstance and timing".
Contributions may be made to American Cancer Society , 250 Williams Street, N.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30303 or Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106;
Service at the funeral home Monday, July 15, at 10 AM, Interment St. Theodosius Cemetery.
Friends received at RIPEPI FUNERAL HOME 5762 PEARL RD. (AT SNOW RD.) SUNDAY 1-5 PM.

just saw the post on fb and, although i'm having great difficulty loading the forum, just had to get onto the inevitable thread. some/most balked at befriending the man because of his ego-trip, but nonetheless, no one can deny that he was a pioneer that kept our beloved vmax relevant on the drag strip and customization circles. may he rip.

wonder what's gonna happen to planetmax and the ufo line.

just saw the post on fb and, although i'm having great difficulty loading the forum, just had to get onto the inevitable thread. Some/most balked at befriending the man because of his ego-trip, but nonetheless, no one can deny that he was a pioneer that kept our beloved vmax relevant on the drag strip and customization circles. May he rip.

Wonder what's gonna happen to planetmax and the ufo line.
+ 1

i.... DID ANYONE NO THAT HE WAS EVEN SICK ? :confused2:

I took a 5 hour drive and met with Jon and Mike (his employee) at the Planet Vmax shop about a month ago to check out his facility and hear in person the Quadzilla Exhaust System he designed, Jon took my wife and I to his house to show off his collection of VMAX'S and his beloved UFO RADILAC, as other people may have had issues with him I am not one of them, he very "cool" guy, I had some questions on tuning my Stage 7 Kit with his Exhaust System and he gave me his cell phone number and told me to call anytime if I needed anything!

After spending the day at Jon's we were getting ready to leave (with a new Quadzilla Exhaust System I might add) we got to talking about my father that was having some medical issues, Jon told My wife and I that he has Cancer at the present time and it was being controlled with medication, you could see it in his eyes he looked very worried when he told us this, I contacted John 2 weeks ago via email to inquire about a part I was looking at, Jon did not answer my email, he called me from his cell phone from his hospital room and said he would check on the items when he got out of the hospital.

My wife just said 'the other day" she wanted to send Jon something for all his help getting my bike set up the way I wanted it, Mike his employee emailed me last week and said Jon was in the hospital again and was not doing well, and now this news....

God Speed or should I say WOT Jon Cornell!

UFO2.jpg

ufo1.jpg

I had a couple conversations w/Jon in the last couple of years. He was patient, answered my questions, made suggestions, didn't try to "up-sell" me, and delivered a well-built product at a fair price. I have a UFO "Dragstar" 4/1 I am running right now, and have both the shorty 'bologna-cut' stub tip and his megaphone for it, though the muffler I have currently is from a literbike, I call it my UFO-"Franken-can (as in 'canister')."

I read the stories of people having difficulties w/him. That was not my experience. I also had my mechanic who purchased many parts from him over the years, and he said his stuff was as-advertised, did what it was claimed to do, was well-built, and he never had any falling-out w/him.

So, now that the guy is gone, I hope the site for this thread is going to allow him to rest in-peace, and if you want to mention that your disappointments began w/"A" and went through the alphabet, my suggestion would be to start another thread, or resurrect an old one, we've seen enough complaints by members about their disappointing experiences w/Jon, you should be able to find one. Let's save this thread for the 'rest in-peace.'

He did have success in the Vmax world, and I hope someone either continues the company, or it's bought, and the products continue to be available.

Jon Cornell

I just heard about his passing. Without intentionally being rude by asking, anyone know the circumstances?

RIP Jon

If it's a sensitive issue, I understand.

R.I.P. Jon. You loved some of the same things I do. Thanks for keeping the VMax relevant all these years. Stay fast in your afterlife brother.

My condolences to the family and friends.

So, now that the guy is gone, I hope the site for this thread is going to allow him to rest in-peace, and if you want to mention that your disappointments began w/"A" and went through the alphabet, my suggestion would be to start another thread, or resurrect an old one, we've seen enough complaints by members about their disappointing experiences w/Jon, you should be able to find one. Let's save this thread for the 'rest in-peace.'

You are right FM.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Latest posts

Back