Just bought a '95 ... possible electrical problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsw65

Reaction score
just bought a 95 and was out riding yesterday morning. out of nowhere the bike started to make a shrill or a whining noise. sounded like it was coming from under the faux tank. killed the engine, and with the key in the on position the noise persisted. started the bike back up and the noise disappeared after about 10 seconds. havent heard it since. if anyone can give me a clue or guide me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it, as i am not mechanically inclined and would like to minimize the diagnostic expense. also the bike has a decent wobble in the front end even though i have a new set of tires. any advice there as well would be greatly appreciated too.

just bought a 95 and was out riding yesterday morning. out of nowhere the bike started to make a shrill or a whining noise. sounded like it was coming from under the faux tank. killed the engine, and with the key in the on position the noise persisted. started the bike back up and the noise disappeared after about 10 seconds. havent heard it since. if anyone can give me a clue or guide me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it, as i am not mechanically inclined and would like to minimize the diagnostic expense. also the bike has a decent wobble in the front end even though i have a new set of tires. any advice there as well would be greatly appreciated too.

Probably the fuel pump on its way South... :ummm:

+1 on the pump. As for the wobble try tightening up the stearing head until the bike no longer self corrects and you develop a "weave", then back it down until the weave goes away.

I had headshake on mine and this was suggested (thanks Shawn) and it worked great, I kicked it up to 125 and it was solid as a rock. I just tossed some tools in a backpack and went out for a ride.

Latest posts

Back