JW Speaker 5.75 LED headlamps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01hotrod

Reaction score
I decided to pick one of these up and noticed that they were gone. Looks like Harley got ahold of them. I saw these today, didn't pull one out of a box. Has anyone put one of these "daymaker" lights in a max or other 5.75 H4 application?

I'm going back and pick one up tomorrow if I don't have to change the plug. They don't say Harley inside the light. I should have opened the box but I wasn't in the mood to be hassled by them today.

I'm interested. I'm sure I saw them still for sale. I'll have to check my browser bookmarks at home to see if I can find the place.

Well, I am on vacation and it's a bike rally. So ordering one is out of the question for me. But I'm sure they're are cheaper places or online.

They look great but not sure the price makes it worth it. I still wonder if they will do as good or better than a HID.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Larry/CrackerRican has a nice LED setup on his bike. I don't remember the make or model of it however, but it is insanely bright. I had it next to my HID and I think his put out a better light spread, brightness is a tougher call since the sun was still out.

Either way I would shoot him a message, he installed it in a Vrod housing and it looks great.

They are bright as hell to look at, but even diehard Harley guys say the spread at night isn't as great as the HIDs unless you get the driving lights that go with them. The 7" might work better, too, though.

Here's where I saw the JW Speaker ones. This is a link to their competitor, Truck-Lite. It's still a very good light, and seems to be where Kuryakyn is sourcing their lights.

http://www.tlg-auto.com/truck-lite-7-round-led-dual-beam-headlight-phase-7/

LED are very bright but the effective lumens on a distance is usually weaker than HID. I guess that's why they are still not fully adopted yet as a standard. But I can't wait to see one of you guys testing them at night on the road :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A well adjusted halogen setup is hard to beat for night. I have come to find this out with tinted windshields in a few DD trucks. I don't ride my max much at night and from what I've noticed, the color range approx 5k that most hid and led lamps are is much more visible to other drivers. So, I'm thinking overall(for me) it may be a safety upgrade. Plus the lower power consumption will leave more battery for hot starting my 1570 flatslide bike. Haha

Back