Kenda Tires??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
I'm trying to give my local shop a chance at some business for my front and rear tire order. I want to go with the Metzlers because of their popularity here but this dealer "can't" (isn't a distributor for) get them.
OK, maybe.

Been mulling over the Shinkos. I'm turned off by the "name" (and Chen-Shin for matter too) but most people here seem to think their OK especially "for the price". OK, maybe. This guy's distributor "can't" get the oddball 15" size.

He tells me he can get Kenda which I never heard of til today, as cheap priced as Shinkos but "better performance quality". Does anyone here have first-hand experience with Kendas??

I believe I can order Shinkos or poney-up the extra scratch for Metzlers (which is a tougher decision considering I'm a Depression casualty and currently laid-off) with no problem from Bikerbandit.com....OR....

I may just stick with Dunlop or Bridgestone which has treated me just fine in the past and is "average" in every category including price and performance.

What do you guys think?? :bang head: :damn angry:

well I went for Shinkos - didn't like the name either, but loved the price (under $150 for both front and rear to my door!) and I must say so far (2000 miles) I'm very happy with the tires.

No experience with Kendas either, or Cheng-Shin, and I'd never heard of them until I shopped around. However, Dunlop's a household name and they're still shite. Does that help at all?

Also, Shinkos are V-rated, which most other (cheap) brands are not.

I got Kendas on my CB750k, No complaints here on them, sticky enough for the old Honda, good wet and dry traction, but I don't know how they will handle on the Max.

HAd Kenda's on a bike about 17 years ago, nothing special, but they were cheap.

We just got a pair of Kenda's in for the Honda Silverwing we have in the shop. Cheap tires for sure but seem to be good enough. I'm sure no where near the quality of the Metzler.

Sean

I had a set of them on a 650 Yamana twin a long time ago. Wore like iron - handled like crap. But then, nobody would ever mistake a 1976 XS-650 as a bike that handled!

Latest posts

Back