Kerker Gen1 baffles baffeling me.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maj Woody

Reaction score
So in the process of my spring spa treament on my '05 I noticed alot of carbon on the outside of the Kerker slip on end caps. So I preceded to take off the end caps and pull the baffles to find that ther was on packing on bottom of can and burnt up in both cans. I leave in 24 hrs to Branson Mo on the bike so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
So 2 questions:
1 can I get away with pulling baffles, so the dont rattle on my week long trip or do I leave them in and rattle?
2 can I use any exhust packing in the kerker?

Any motorcycle muffler packing properly installed should be GTG.... If you pull the baffles it will likely run rich...

So in the process of my spring spa treament on my '05 I noticed alot of carbon on the outside of the Kerker slip on end caps. So I preceded to take off the end caps and pull the baffles to find that ther was on packing on bottom of can and burnt up in both cans. I leave in 24 hrs to Branson Mo on the bike so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
So 2 questions:
1 can I get away with pulling baffles, so the dont rattle on my week long trip or do I leave them in and rattle?
2 can I use any exhust packing in the kerker?

Do you have the entire Kerker system or just slip-ons ? What is the intake opening size ? We may have a replacement in the piles of stuff.

I have the slip on, I went to a local shop they had some MX packing so ill use that as a temp fix till I can do it right.

The non-woven "blanket" material is what you want, but that pink fluffy stuff for MX bikes should work fine as well.

Latest posts

Back