kickstand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefromlynn

Reaction score
i have a 2013 and all of a sudden the kickstand shut off stopped working . anyone else have this problem

Try here , http://www.starvmax.com/ There's just more info for the Gen II's at the starmax site. but I can tell you that with 10,000 miles on my gen II I have had no issues.

Have you had your 2013 on a lift lately? Look under it and see if the sidestand switch bracket is still in line with the mechanism bolted to the kickstand that actuates the switch. On mine, this last week in fact, I had the same issue come up and what I discovered is that I had inadvertantly put my jack under the oil pan and a tad too close to the switch bracket. The jack caused the bracket to bend just enough so that the switch plunger came out and went past the part of the kickstand designed to push the plunger in when the stand is deployed. A quick 'readjustment' with a long, flat blade screwdriver, whilst holding the switch plunger back in, brought mine back into normal operation.

Back