knee guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOJO

Reaction score
Ok guys here are the knee guards I've been working on during my lunch break. I've got them in the paint shop and will put some fab pics and finished install pics as soon as i can.
Scott

Attachments

• lh knee guard.JPG
    lh knee guard.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 156
  • rh knee guard.JPG
    rh knee guard.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 233
  • top knee guard.JPG
    top knee guard.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 137
Same question... how did you attach them? Id like to have the guys in the shop make some but havent figured out attachment yet.

mine have a bracket that comes out and u hose clamp it to the frame.

I used adell clamps around the frame, counter sunk screws through the braces and nylock nuts. I'll post some pics of exactly what i'm talking about when I get them back from the painter.

What's their purpose? And to me they would be more like "inner thigh guards". My knees would be way past them.

no purpose. cosmetics. a nd yea they're thigh guards.

They play a very important role with foward controls.

Stopping my leg from burning all to piss........

Here is a picture of one painted and installed.I will paint screw heads when it quits freaking raining here. They work great I kept burning my inner thighs on the valve covers. While on the interstate I ride with my feet on the back pegs and have litterally blistered my thighs.:bang head:

Attachments

• knee guards.JPG
    knee guards.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 80
what about the other side? does it cover the key hole?

No its a tight fit but I notched it. I'll try for some pics in the next day or so

Here is a picture of one painted and installed.I will paint screw heads when it quits freaking raining here. They work great I kept burning my inner thighs on the valve covers. While on the interstate I ride with my feet on the back pegs and have litterally blistered my thighs.:bang head:

they really look great :)
Hope it was more easy to find.

Just found this pic on another site while looking for a front fairing / fly screen for the max. Thought you might get a kick out of it. Ignore the doofus, look closely at the guards that he has on the bike:

Maxperverion1%20p9.jpg

Really gorgeous bike, I can see how much money and time have been spent on that bike. I love the rear with the fat radial :)

Nobody knows where do get those knee guards ? nobody tired of them ? hehe

the guy in the UK probably still has some. thats wher ei got mine. identical to the pics there.

Back