Knocking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Lately I have been having some problems with my bike, I just replaced the battery and I saw I need to add some coolant, no biggy. But when I started it up and let it sit this evening I was listening to it and I heard a knocking. I got down to the side of the bike and the knocking is defiantly coming from inside the engine block. while I was down there I also saw that some how, I have low/no oil? I just replaced the oil a few months ago and have not gone far enough to really need a new oil change.

I am guessing the knocking is from low oil? If I remember right its 5w20?

Thanks

wonder where that oil went? yes low oil can make a knock start no doubt. I see you are WA but in Fla, we run 20/50. get that oil back up in the window and give a listen

Lately I have been having some problems with my bike, I just replaced the battery and I saw I need to add some coolant, no biggy. But when I started it up and let it sit this evening I was listening to it and I heard a knocking. I got down to the side of the bike and the knocking is defiantly coming from inside the engine block. while I was down there I also saw that some how, I have low/no oil? I just replaced the oil a few months ago and have not gone far enough to really need a new oil change.

Thanks

Oh no! :-(

Fill up the oil and cross your fingers!

Was your bike on the side or centerstand when you checked the oil? Engine running, or off?

Back