Lateral movement of Shaft inside Swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coruscantkid

Reaction score
As the title says, I would like to know if anyone knows how much Lateral movement of Shaft inside Swingarm there is? I am knotching my swingarm and don't want to have the shaft banging around inside. :bang head:

Thanks.

I typically leave .050 clearance. There shouldn't be much side to side as it only moves up and down with the arm.

Sean

If your doing this yourself I would advise drilling a small hole where the notch is going and measuring to the driveshaft to get an exact idea where it is.

I did my own and found that the driveshaft is at a slight angle as it goes rearward, and by angle I mean side to side, not up and down,....it caused me a smal headache but the job would have been easier had I known.

As for movement there shouldn't be any at all unless your u-joint or swingarm bearings are worn out, go with what Sean says on that one, I had to stick a die grinder down inside my swingarm and re-clearance it because my shaft was hitting the notched area due to the above mentioned problem. Mines probably about .015 which is of course too close for comfort.

Rusty,

Thanks for the insight. Right now, with the shaft and swingarm off the bike and centered, I have approxiamately 0.30" before it hits my notch. But I will try your suggestion before I commit.

Back