Lawn and Garden Equipment Problems?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
I know a bit about dealing with and repairing lawn and garden equipment and if you're in need of a solution to a problem like "the darn mower won't start" and so on, ask away and perhaps I can be of help. I've attended the factory schools of Kohler, Briggs and Tecumseh. Rebuilt, re bored many engines over the years, mostly single cylinders that are still running today. No guaranties, but also no charge.

Mike

I have a Kohler in my poulan lawn tractor. Engine never gives me any shit at all. The belt system on the other hand, heh, another story.

Always nice to know that there is someone with a lot of small engine knowledge around though.

mikemax04 said:
I know a bit about dealing with and repairing lawn and garden equipment and if you're in need of a solution to a problem like "the darn mower won't start" and so on, ask away and perhaps I can be of help. I've attended the factory schools of Kohler, Briggs and Tecumseh. Rebuilt, re bored many engines over the years, mostly single cylinders that are still running today. No guaranties, but also no charge.

Mike

Mike,

Not sure that this is entirely V-Max related, but you offered!

I have a B&S that I "inherited" with this house that I am renting. It is only a few years old, but does not seem to run any faster than idle. When the filter is removed I am able to move the throttle by hand, and then the engine does speed up, but as soon as I take my finger off it goes back to idle.

I can send you a digital picture of the area that I am talking about, just give me an address to send it to.

Thanks!

Calimus said:
I have a Kohler in my poulan lawn tractor. Engine never gives me any shit at all. The belt system on the other hand, heh, another story.

Always nice to know that there is someone with a lot of small engine knowledge around though.
What eats a lot of belts usually is rust on the pulleys. Check the condition of the vee in the pulley where the belt rides. Also wear of idler pulleys/brackets makes for missallignment and not a true path for the belt to follow. Be glad to help if you furnish more info of the problems occurring.

-Lee- said:
Mike,

Not sure that this is entirely V-Max related, but you offered!

I have a B&S that I "inherited" with this house that I am renting. It is only a few years old, but does not seem to run any faster than idle. When the filter is removed I am able to move the throttle by hand, and then the engine does speed up, but as soon as I take my finger off it goes back to idle.

I can send you a digital picture of the area that I am talking about, just give me an address to send it to.

Thanks!
You can reach me at [email protected] A picture would be very helpful since B&S has so many different throttle hookups.

Latest posts

Back