LED turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
I am fed up with the small turn signals on my bikes.I like the look and size of them but I am fed up with them always falling apart.The socket has a small tab spot welded on to mount it to the case.The tabs break off then the wires break.It's bull shit!
I have an LED tail light now and would like to find some turn signals too without a lot of hassle or $100 a set.I'm not looking for huge lollipop style.
What's everyone else running?

I am fed up with the small turn signals on my bikes.I like the look and size of them but I am fed up with them always falling apart.The socket has a small tab spot welded on to mount it to the case.The tabs break off then the wires break.It's bull shit!
I have an LED tail light now and would like to find some turn signals too without a lot of hassle or $100 a set.I'm not looking for huge lollipop style.
What's everyone else running?

I just bought a set of billets from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...011QQitemZ320239324767QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think I payed around $40 for them. They seem like good quality. I'll post some pictures when I get them put on. I got them cause I like the clear lens and thought they would go well with my clear tail lens.

It's snowing like a big dog now, supposed to get a couple-three inches. so I just might put them on today.

Last edited:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...011QQitemZ320239324767QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think I payed around $40 for them. They seem like good quality. I'll post some pictures when I get them put on. I got them cause I like the clear lens and thought they would go well with my clear tail lens.

It's snowing like a big dog now, supposed to get a couple-three inches. so I just might put them on today.

I had them same ones!:surprise: They are nice I polished mine out almost to a chrome finish. Get ya sum extra bulbs next time your out at the auto store. I used to avg 2 a year with mine. They are made by lochhardt arent they?
(Warning they will break easy if you tighten them to much at the post meets the base of the signal. The post on them signals are very weak.

I had them same ones!:surprise: They are nice I polished mine out almost to a chrome finish. Get ya sum extra bulbs next time your out at the auto store. I used to avg 2 a year with mine. They are made by lochhardt arent they?
(Warning they will break easy if you tighten them to much at the post meets the base of the signal. The post on them signals are very weak.

Thanks for the tip :cheers:. I scuffed up mine then painted them black.

Now that you mention it, they do look like lockhardt's

Those are the exact ones that I am bitching about and want to get rid of.Not LED either.

I bought a set of 4 mini brushed aluminum blinkers from http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/vmax/vmax_products/blinker_amber.htm. They are a direct replacement, plug and play with 2 wire for rear, three wire for the front. They are not LED so they blink normally, no relays needed. The actual set that I bought, the smoked blinker set, are out of stock.

These too are the same ones.I have bought at least a dozen of them now.The same lights come from many different manufacturers but they are the same lights.

I also had to cut down the studs to mount them because they were too long.

I am using an integrated taillight/turn signal in the rear, and integrated mirror/turn signals in the front. I am planning on using the stock rear turn signal holes to mount my nitrous tanks and the front are used for mounting my wind screen.... it also make removing it much easier w/out the turn signals.

Jeff

These too are the same ones.I have bought at least a dozen of them now.The same lights come from many different manufacturers but they are the same lights.

Hmm...not good news as that mounting describes mine to a "T". I am going to try some rubber washers to lessen the vibration. :confused2:

Someone had shown how to install LED strips into those Lockhart Phillips housings. They also look excellent chromed.

Sean

I'm with ya bro, I have busted the shit outta 4 of em' already. broken filament, broken spot weld, shitty soft metal.
Hard to find replacement bulbs outside of the internet.
They started breaking like mad after the solid mounts went on.

The backs have held up, but the fronts are outta da question.

Clear or smoked, they both sucked.

I'm with ya bro, I have busted the shit outta 4 of em' already. broken filament, broken spot weld, shitty soft metal.
Hard to find replacement bulbs outside of the internet.
They started breaking like mad after the solid mounts went on.

The backs have held up, but the fronts are outta da question.

Clear or smoked, they both sucked.

I'm tellin 'ya....stockers are best. :)

Nah, still using mine. I will be adding Eclipze LED strips to them for maximum visibility. Thanks though.

At least drivers see'em. 99% of mini's are shit for visibility.

Back