LEDS thru scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazy! this is exactly what i want to do, but not the YAMAHA cut outs. i wanted to ditch the front lollipops and use the scoops as turn indicators. can you provide a link to the yahoo article?

I have pics taken at night of the scoops & side panels , but can't find the link so far. Have you been to the yahoo tech site ? You want a pic of what I saved ?

I have pics taken at night of the scoops & side panels , but can't find the link so far. Have you been to the yahoo tech site ? You want a pic of what I saved ?

are you talking about something like vmaxtech something something something? i think i have. but i spend whatever computer time i waste, on this site :rofl_200:and haven't been there for EVER. matter of fact i don't even know what to search for to find the site. sure i'll have a pic, if it's no bother.

are you talking about something like vmaxtech something something something? i think i have. but i spend whatever computer time i waste, on this site :rofl_200:and haven't been there for EVER. matter of fact i don't even know what to search for to find the site. sure i'll have a pic, if it's no bother.

Will keep looking for the link , but it didn't tell you too much. He cut the letters out with a dremel , filled the holes with yellow epoxy , lit 'em up .

Attachments

• Madmax 85 -1.jpg
    Madmax 85 -1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Madmax85 - lighted covers.jpg
    Madmax85 - lighted covers.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 16
My only concern with putting LEDs in the scoops is the heat factor. I went out on a 60 minute ride and my scoops were hot to the touch. I cant see any LED's lasting too long under such duration with the heat factor. I just ordered some custom made LEDs being fabricated in China and plan to light up my intakes while using a breathing remote. It surely will be cool if it works and holds up. My '05 then will be breathing all ruby red LED's all around. NASTY!!!

My only concern with putting LEDs in the scoops is the heat factor. I went out on a 60 minute ride and my scoops were hot to the touch. I cant see any LED's lasting too long under such duration with the heat factor. I just ordered some custom made LEDs being fabricated in China and plan to light up my intakes while using a breathing remote. It surely will be cool if it works and holds up. My '05 then will be breathing all ruby red LED's all around. NASTY!!!

Red lights in the scoops will get you pulled over in GA. I can't imagine MD. would be any looser with the regs. You might want to ask a LEO or MSP about it prior to installation of red lights up front , IMHO.

Red lights in the scoops will get you pulled over in GA. I can't imagine MD. would be any looser with the regs. You might want to ask a LEO or MSP about it prior to installation of red lights up front , IMHO.

I dont plan to ride with the LED's on. Its just for show.

Why not get a some led strips and mount them around the perimeter of the scoop, just on the inside?

Why not get a some led strips and mount them around the perimeter of the scoop, just on the inside?

Thats one of the things that I am doing since I have slotted intakes with the stock wire mesh behind them. I plan to add LEDs to the rest of the bike too for show. Anyhow, I dont want to steal this thread.

Thanks,

Back