let Sean plaaaaaay!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is ingenious!! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::punk::punk::punk::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It all goes to Sean. I had been asking Sean about a cruise control and he had suggested an idea that he had be thinking of. I told him more or less "have at it!, lets go for it!". With Sean I have never had any worries and niether should any of you :eusa_dance:

Gannon

Yea, I don't like the throttle locks and wrist rests so I had been wanting to do this for a couple of years and had been gathering up the parts. So, figured might as well jump in there and get it done. Kind of like the frame braces. We'll get a set made - I promise!

Sean

Yea, I don't like the throttle locks and wrist rests so I had been wanting to do this for a couple of years and had been gathering up the parts. So, figured might as well jump in there and get it done. Kind of like the frame braces. We'll get a set made - I promise!

Sean

I need to finish my frame braces too. It will be a project for next year or this winter

Gannon

Dang that was quick. Winner! Sean

PLEASE, PLEASE........No applause - just send money! lol :biglaugh:

Cool idea guys. Great work Sean. :worthy:

I just did a vacuum cruise mod on both my & my wifes' Honda Runes. I used a couple new/old stock Audiovox CCS-100 cruise units designed for use in automobiles, but then, a Rune has enough space to conceal the huge main unit under it's radiator shroud. Also just enough room under there to place an add-on vacuum canister for that little extra volume necessary when pulling a steep hill with a trailer in tow. I can't take credit for any of my work though, as I found complete, detailed instructions and pictures online from a nice Rune owner located in OKC. :clapping:

I don't stay on my Vmax for long enough days to warrant this mod, but I think it's a long overdue project for someone to get done, and can't think of a more appropriate person to do the project than the one and only Sean Morley.

Again, really neat idea guys. :worthy:

There is a vacuum pump that is pictured in the last set of posted pics. That's what will apply the pressure to the diaphragm based on user inputs. It's not all that large and maybe slightly bigger then one of our coils. Our preliminary look at this yesterday looks like we might put the control box on top of the CDI box and the pump in the location where the front left coil is normally bolted in (this bike has COP mods on it).

Sean

I know one set of parts was from an 88 though I think more years will work. Probably 86-93 or so. Dingy can hopefully chime in on the interchange of the required parts. One of the harder things to get or do will be the connections to the pump and brain box. I have a used harness I took my ends from but these may be available new somewhere.

Gannon may have a good idea on them?

Sean

Me too. I can't remember if Gannon got the final cable set installed and how it worked out. He's gone so much from the bike that he doesn't get to ride much.

I did finally get the cable installed when I was in Arizona last year. What I have found that the left plastic neck cover is not quite big enough for the cables. I spoken with Sean about this and how I have an idea about how to vacuum form a new neck cover out of ABS sheet that should be very close to the original texture. I have tried to set the cruise when I was in Arizona and nothing happened. So as of this point I need to do some trouble shooting. I know that the system has power, or the cruise power light is on lol. I might need to look at the cable that is mounted to the vacuum pump. I thought it looked a little loose or might have to get one made. I would love to get it done. Perhaps I might just take my bike to Sean this winter and he can mess with it. I won't be able to ride it much when I am here in Colorado due to the weather where I am at...

G

Latest posts

Back