Liar in Chief.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Innocence Doesn’t Matter To The Washington Process

That was fast.
Less than a month after Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel for the investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election, the process has been revealed as a thinly veiled offensive on the Trump presidency.
According to reports this week, the investigation is now looking into potential obstruction of justice charges against the President – an idea that legal scholars on both sides of the aisle have dismissed as ridiculous – and even more out of left field, for evidence of financial crimes committed by the President and his associates.
Unfortunately, this shift in focus is no surprise.
We now know the appointment of a special counsel was orchestrated by a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind — fired Federal Bureau of Investigations Director James Comey. As Comey testified June 8th, he intentionally leaked secret information to the press in order to spur the appointment of a special counsel after his termination.
We also know that Mueller is stocking his investigative team with Democratic partisans. Jeannie Rhee, for example, was an attorney for the Clinton Foundation for many years and FEC records show she has donated exclusively to Democrats. In fact, Mueller’s hires have donated nearly $50,000 to Democratic candidates in the last dozen years, versus only $2,750 to Republicans.
Another one of Mueller’s hires, Andrew Weismann, has a record of overzealous prosecution and charges of unethical behavior. As leader of the Enron Task Force, Weissman faced charges for allegedly intimidating witnesses and hiding evidence that would have helped the defense. The criminal case he prosecuted against the accounting firm Arthur Anderson was overturned 9-0 by the Supreme Court because it found the company had committed no crime. Sadly, it was too late to save the 85,000 jobs that were lost due to Weismann’s lust to prosecute.
So far, Mueller’s team does not look like a group of fair-minded, independent attorneys. It looks like a legal hit squad specifically built to hurt President Trump and Republicans.
The real danger of these types of special investigations is that the innocence of the accused – or the initial focus of the investigation – often has no bearing on the outcome. More often, people who get ensnared by these proceedings fall victim to the pitfalls of the process. Lives are often ruined – not for anything related to what prompted the investigation but for some procedural error. This is precisely why I opposed the renewal of the Independent Counsel Act in 1999.
I explain the dangers of these special investigations in my new book, Understanding Trump, which was released Tuesday. In the book, I argue that no one on the Trump team should agree to testify without a guarantee of immunity from prosecution. Too many things can go wrong otherwise.
“Fishing expeditions driven by the Justice Department, congressional staffs, and the news media take on a life of their own and can easily trap innocent people through procedural mistakes.
“There is a grave danger that Trump team members will testify as though they were participating in a benign or honest process. That can lead to disaster.
“Every word someone says can be measured against all other testimony and all available evidence. Any discrepancy, no matter how innocent, can lead to a charge of perjury or obstruction of justice.
This remains my advice, although Attorney General Jeff Sessions has done remarkably well in his testimony. Sessions served as a U.S. Attorney for eighteen years and was formerly a seasoned member of the Senate. He knows how these things work.
Every other member of the Trump administration should take heed: this is not an honest process. Mueller’s team of attorneys will do everything it can to damage or destroy the Trump presidency.
The revelations this week about the investigation’s ridiculous expansion in scope, if true, are further evidence that the initial purpose of the special counsel’s investigation has been thrown out the window.
To be clear: Russia’s meddling in U.S. politics is a serious issue, but it is much bigger than the 2016 election.
The United States must investigate and learn to counter the ways in which Russia is using intelligence, cyberwar, economic and diplomatic pressure, and widespread corruption throughout the world to bolster Russian interests.
It is tragic that it now looks like the special counsel investigation, which was supposed to focus on Russia’s involvement in the election, will now only serve to distract us from the real challenge facing the United States.
++++111111 The best it could be said,Thank you danny

Innocence Doesn’t Matter To The Washington Process

That was fast.
Less than a month after Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel for the investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election, the process has been revealed as a thinly veiled offensive on the Trump presidency.
According to reports this week, the investigation is now looking into potential obstruction of justice charges against the President – an idea that legal scholars on both sides of the aisle have dismissed as ridiculous – and even more out of left field, for evidence of financial crimes committed by the President and his associates.
Unfortunately, this shift in focus is no surprise.
We now know the appointment of a special counsel was orchestrated by a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind — fired Federal Bureau of Investigations Director James Comey. As Comey testified June 8th, he intentionally leaked secret information to the press in order to spur the appointment of a special counsel after his termination.
We also know that Mueller is stocking his investigative team with Democratic partisans. Jeannie Rhee, for example, was an attorney for the Clinton Foundation for many years and FEC records show she has donated exclusively to Democrats. In fact, Mueller’s hires have donated nearly $50,000 to Democratic candidates in the last dozen years, versus only $2,750 to Republicans.
Another one of Mueller’s hires, Andrew Weismann, has a record of overzealous prosecution and charges of unethical behavior. As leader of the Enron Task Force, Weissman faced charges for allegedly intimidating witnesses and hiding evidence that would have helped the defense. The criminal case he prosecuted against the accounting firm Arthur Anderson was overturned 9-0 by the Supreme Court because it found the company had committed no crime. Sadly, it was too late to save the 85,000 jobs that were lost due to Weismann’s lust to prosecute.
So far, Mueller’s team does not look like a group of fair-minded, independent attorneys. It looks like a legal hit squad specifically built to hurt President Trump and Republicans.
The real danger of these types of special investigations is that the innocence of the accused – or the initial focus of the investigation – often has no bearing on the outcome. More often, people who get ensnared by these proceedings fall victim to the pitfalls of the process. Lives are often ruined – not for anything related to what prompted the investigation but for some procedural error. This is precisely why I opposed the renewal of the Independent Counsel Act in 1999.
I explain the dangers of these special investigations in my new book, Understanding Trump, which was released Tuesday. In the book, I argue that no one on the Trump team should agree to testify without a guarantee of immunity from prosecution. Too many things can go wrong otherwise.
“Fishing expeditions driven by the Justice Department, congressional staffs, and the news media take on a life of their own and can easily trap innocent people through procedural mistakes.
“There is a grave danger that Trump team members will testify as though they were participating in a benign or honest process. That can lead to disaster.
“Every word someone says can be measured against all other testimony and all available evidence. Any discrepancy, no matter how innocent, can lead to a charge of perjury or obstruction of justice.
This remains my advice, although Attorney General Jeff Sessions has done remarkably well in his testimony. Sessions served as a U.S. Attorney for eighteen years and was formerly a seasoned member of the Senate. He knows how these things work.
Every other member of the Trump administration should take heed: this is not an honest process. Mueller’s team of attorneys will do everything it can to damage or destroy the Trump presidency.
The revelations this week about the investigation’s ridiculous expansion in scope, if true, are further evidence that the initial purpose of the special counsel’s investigation has been thrown out the window.
To be clear: Russia’s meddling in U.S. politics is a serious issue, but it is much bigger than the 2016 election.
The United States must investigate and learn to counter the ways in which Russia is using intelligence, cyberwar, economic and diplomatic pressure, and widespread corruption throughout the world to bolster Russian interests.
It is tragic that it now looks like the special counsel investigation, which was supposed to focus on Russia’s involvement in the election, will now only serve to distract us from the real challenge facing the United States.

The US involvement in Russian elections--------1996--------http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-meddling-in-1996-russian-elections-in-support-of-boris-yeltsin/5568288

81 times the US has been involved in influencing elections in other countries-----:confused2:----http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-us-intervention-foreign-elections-20161213-story.html

Yep ole Dersh say's no obstruction so it must be true. Alot of other big name lawyers disagree with him. I mean one might ignore talking heads and just look at the facts. Like the fact the Trump team had nothing but praise for Comey in 2016 with the way he handled Clinton's emails. But suddenly in 2017 it was a problem? So he fires him? Then despite the best efforts of Trump's surrogates swearing Trumps firing of Comey had nothing to do with the Russia investigation, Trump tells Lester Holt on TV he was gonna fire him regardless of Deputy AG Rosenstein's memo. Trump literally says on TV he thought after firing Comey the Russia thing would go away. Then Trump repeats a similar phrase to the Russians when they came to visit. Insults yet another person with distinguished career in the DOJ and FBI by calling Comey a "nut job." Of course the irony of this is Trump ran on this whole "Law and Order" bullshit yet he fires folks who have distinguished careers in the "law and order" fields.

But by all means listen to the talking heads. Good ole Newt Gingrich even said recently "The president can't obstruct justice." Which I found pretty fucking hilarious considering he was Speaker of the House when Clinton was impeached and do you know what Article 3 of Clinton's impeachment was? Wait for it.... Obstruction of Justice.

Never thought I'd see a decorated Marine who served in Vietnam and had a distinguished career in the DOJ and FBI be painted as the bad guy by conservatives. While Donald "Avoiding STDs was my personal Vietnam & Grab Em By the Pussy" Trump is championed by the party of evangelicals. Then again I never thought I'd see the day where we'd see the first lady's tits before we see the Presidents tax returns. Yep, America has lost it's fucking mind.

Which goes back to my point of even when Trump goes to jail it doesn't matter in the big picture. Because the folks who think Trump is a many of integrity and Mueller is not will just vote another man of "integrity" while the left votes for another Clinton. Cat shit vs dog shit - in the end it's still shit.

Ive ridden with you, and you are a great guy, but by the tone of your post, your suffering from Trump derangement syndrome.

Yep ole Dersh say's no obstruction so it must be true. Alot of other big name lawyers disagree with him. I mean one might ignore talking heads and just look at the facts. Like the fact the Trump team had nothing but praise for Comey in 2016 with the way he handled Clinton's emails. But suddenly in 2017 it was a problem? So he fires him? Then despite the best efforts of Trump's surrogates swearing Trumps firing of Comey had nothing to do with the Russia investigation, Trump tells Lester Holt on TV he was gonna fire him regardless of Deputy AG Rosenstein's memo. Trump literally says on TV he thought after firing Comey the Russia thing would go away. Then Trump repeats a similar phrase to the Russians when they came to visit. Insults yet another person with distinguished career in the DOJ and FBI by calling Comey a "nut job." Of course the irony of this is Trump ran on this whole "Law and Order" bullshit yet he fires folks who have distinguished careers in the "law and order" fields.

But by all means listen to the talking heads. Good ole Newt Gingrich even said recently "The president can't obstruct justice." Which I found pretty fucking hilarious considering he was Speaker of the House when Clinton was impeached and do you know what Article 3 of Clinton's impeachment was? Wait for it.... Obstruction of Justice.

Never thought I'd see a decorated Marine who served in Vietnam and had a distinguished career in the DOJ and FBI be painted as the bad guy by conservatives. While Donald "Avoiding STDs was my personal Vietnam & Grab Em By the Pussy" Trump is championed by the party of evangelicals. Then again I never thought I'd see the day where we'd see the first lady's tits before we see the Presidents tax returns. Yep, America has lost it's fucking mind.

Which goes back to my point of even when Trump goes to jail it doesn't matter in the big picture. Because the folks who think Trump is a many of integrity and Mueller is not will just vote another man of "integrity" while the left votes for another Clinton. Cat shit vs dog shit - in the end it's still shit.

You sound like an angel- I've never heard Trump talk like you do.:confused2:

Bravo, someone is thinking. Great!

I'm interested in any anti Trump persons opinion as to why he won the election. Anti only to start please. OPs opinion especially. Good luck.

forestdaledave. You're back. My question remains.

What difference does it make? The election was over 10 months ago. He won.

He's already campaigning for 2020. Holding rallies between his golf trips and breaking the budget of the secret service before even being president for one year. The master deal maker can't even work a fair lease in his own buildings with the folks who are there to take a bullet for him. What kind of shit is that? Doesn't matter. Facts dont matter. He won. That's all that matters.

I just pray for the folks in South Korea and Japan and the Americans that serve there because North Korea launched more missles this past weekend and one today that flew over Japan during the last day of a joint exercise between US and Japanese forces. Shocking since Trump declared his Fire an Fury speech made "North Korea respect us now." Today's missile launch flying high over the heads of US and Japan forces ain't coincidental. That's a straight up FU from NK. The poor folks in that region going to have to suffer the fallout from two infantile egos with bad haircuts chest thumping with nukes. Sure, if it goes down we'll wipe the floor with NK, but South Koreans will pay a heavy price for it.

Between Flynn, Sessions having to recuse himself, Priebus out, Bannon out, and now Gorka out. If you bought milk on the day the Mooch was hired it was still good by the time he was fired. I don't see how people can think all of this chaos in the White House doesn't look opportunistic to our enemies.

All I know is thank god for Mattis. Best decision Trump has made as president. Respect the hell out of that man. But he'll probably get painted as a bad guy by Trump supporters eventually like they've done with Comey, Mueller and the more recent target of McMaster. But hell it's ole crazy Kronx suffering from TDS.

BTW if you're not familiar with the badasseness of McMaster and the Battle of 73 Easting, spend a couple of minutes with the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQsioBaMWR4

Last edited:
The country is going to get fed up with the buffoonery, lies, and bullying that is Trumpf. Cheetohead will be a bad memory within a year. Then we gotta deal with the phony Bible Thumper Mike Pence.. This guy is creepier than Trumpf.

What difference does it make? Where have I heard that before? I'm trying to understand peoples thinking. I don't think that's such a bad thing. I asked nicely. Answer it if you can please. You too forestdaledave.
And if it could be done without childish name calling that would be great.

Is this guy a dope ? YES
Should he just shut his mouth and keep working? YES
Should he not tweet? YES
Did he lie about shit? YES
DO BOTH SIDES LIE AND PROMISE TO DO SHIT AND DON'T? YES
If you don't believe the above question, you've drank more KOOL AID then you'd like to admit!
Did the Democratic party have PISS poor candidate? YES
Did I break down and cry when Obama won TWICE ? NO
(That's pathetic fellas)
Am I glad that the electoral college worked EVEN THO DONALD SAID IT SUCKED? Yes
Why?
Because it stopped the f'ing freight train of incumbents from being in office. (both sides)
Career politicians that piss on our shoes and tell us it's raining!
People were willing to go with a guy that had 0 experience over a just as corrupt HiLIARy .
Both sides suck.
You would think that BOTH sides would fucking wake up when he won.
Instead, crying and boohooing protests started and the republicans have no balls and don't back him because they they are worrying about THEMSELVES getting re elected.
I can't even watch the news anymore. With the bitching from the Liberal channels AND the Conservative ones too.
Pathetic.
He's are president good or bad for the next 3.25yrs
Deal with it till the next election.

What difference does it make? Where have I heard that before? I'm trying to understand peoples thinking. I don't think that's such a bad thing. I asked nicely. Answer it if you can please. You too forestdaledave.
And if it could be done without childish name calling that would be great.

To answer your question he won for a lot of reasons. The same as any president. There's never one reason. Some reasons but not all:

1> He's an outsider. Not an established politician which most Americans are sick of from both sides. Americans are frustrated with DC. And Trump said everything people on the right wanted to hear. He sang the populist greatest hits.

2> This sort of dovetails into #1 Clinton was not the right candidate for the Democratic party to nominate for many reasons. She is a career politician. Folks aren't really cool with that these days. One could argue that's why Obama defeated her in the 2008 primaries because he was relatively new and not a career politician as of yet. All the signs were there that the political waters are not warm and welcoming for someone whose been around in politics like Clinton. But I think the one they completely ignored was just how loathed the name Clinton is when it comes to politics even within her own party. It can be debated ad nauseam on whether or not that hate was deserved or not, but regardless at the end of the day America has made it pretty clear they don't want someone with the name Clinton or Bush anywhere near the White House again. Democrats chose to ignore that obvious reality. Something the Bernie supporters where pretty much warning them about for a very long time. Instead of playing the long game they chose play dirty within their own party which only perpetuated the concerns people had with Clinton in the first place.

3> Russian influence. You can deny Trump had anything to do with collusion, that's fine. I wont argue that. We'll all find out that answer after Mueller's investigation. But for whatever reason Russia was and still is in a full fledged disinformation war with the USA. And quite frankly America is getting it's ass kicked. Obama dropped the ball. Romney was right in 2012 debate when he said Russia was our biggest geopolitical threat. But there's plenty of evidence that Russia was using and is using a pretty elaborate array of technology for disinformation during the election. Statistics showed 60% of Americans were getting their news from social media during the campaign. And that's where Russian disinformation is getting used at an alarming rate. No way to measure its effectiveness but it's existence needs to be recognized. Putin wants chaos in America and chaos has no party affiliation. When we he see Bernie supporters and Hillary supporters at each others throats... and he sees folks on the right calling other Republicans cucks and RINOs... he's loving the show and fanning the flames.

4> There's a scary percentage of Americans who are just batshit crazy and/or full of hate. The hate is real. There's quite few on these very boards who have made it very clear of their disdain for liberals. I grew up in the deep south where the phrase "The only good liberal is a dead liberal" was quite literally a bumper sticker. The more the liberals were losing their minds that a guy like Trump was actually being considered for the POTUS the happier many on the right got. They loved Trump because it was driving the left mad. It didn't matter a damn bit if he was actually a qualified candidate... its drove the "snowflakes" crazy and that's all that mattered.

*Trump was embraced by the alt-right. Trump spent 5 years claiming on TV that America's first black president wasn't even a citizen. I know a few on these boards think the same. David Duke has said many times Trump is their guy. No one really knows what percentage that alt-right crowd holds of the GOP party. I pray its really low, but you can't deny their support for him. And when Trumps on the campaign trail basically saying he's gonna stick it to brown people he knows who was listening. I could go a lot deeper in regards to white supremacy and hearing the dog whistles because I have some history that I'm not proud of in regard to that.

*And when moderate Republicans started saying "Hey now, I understand enjoying seeing the left in a tizzy, but this guy really isn't qualified for POTUS...have you seen his record? He's got a history of being a liar and fraud." they got called RINO cucks.

*Regards to the crazy --growing up in South Mississippi. I remember Biloxi before it had casinos. I remember the evangelicals fighting tooth and nail against them. And now they're embracing a casino builder? Now they're embracing a guy whose been married 3 times and open admits to cheating? The evangelicals who got all upset Michelle Obama wore sleeveless dresses but are ok with a guy whose current wife posed nude? A guy whose on video and audio admitting to touching women inappropriately? A guy whose video admitting on purposely walking into the dressing rooms of the beauty pageant contestants when they were changing? A guy who is talking about his dick size on a debate stage? This was the candidate of the Evangelical Christians!? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. And now the evangelicals are saying God has granted approval for Trump to nuke North Korea... that's just insanity to me.

*I've said it a dozen times on these boards and will say it to the day I die. How any veteran could give him a pass on his comments on John McCain as a POW is just beyond my understanding. But it's your right to do so and it really doesn't matter whether I understand it or not.

*Then there's just the crazy of people chanting Crooked Hillary at a rally of a guy who openly admitted he participated in pay to play politics and liked it. Again, not arguing that Hillary wasn't crooked. But chanting Crooked Hillary at the rally of a guy with a well documented crooked past is what seems so crazy to me. Such as a Trump University fraud case against him in Florida and then that case was dropped after he made a donation to the District Attorney's campaign. Decades of lawsuits against him for not paying contractors and stiffing people. How is that not crooked too?

Then I watch the rallies and Trump doing the back and forth chant with his crowd:

Trump: What are we gonna do?
Crowd: BUILD THAT WALL!
Trump: Whose gonna pay for it?
Crowd: Mexico!

But then when you point out the fact that Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall, the American taxpayer will... they say "Well I never really believed Mexico was going to pay for that wall." How does one make sense of someone LITERALLY chanting something they don't believe? That's crazy to me.

So that's a major reason why I say it doesn't matter. Because I can not debate/rationalize insanity. Which was more significant that I think people will admit for this election. And it was 10 months ago. He's president now. Its more important to pay attention to what he does now that he has the job rather than debate how he got the job. But the problem with that is facts no longer matter in today's discourse. And the bottom line is his #1 qualification was making the left mad. So in that regard he's knocking it out of the park. 2018 mid-terms will be interesting to see.

I only hope that someone way better then Trump will run in the next election in 7 and half years as a republican BECAUSE I will never vote for democrat now that I really understand what they are about . FOFD

Kronx, thanks for reply. You are the only one to give it a shot. A bit long winded but I sorted through it.
1 and 2 I pretty much agree with. Concerning 4, it seems you're giving the ultra alt left a pass.
No question you are dead on regarding interest in the midterms.
Ride safe.

Edit: You mentioned Trumps 3 marriages. In doing a little critical thinking, 2 questions came to mind. How many times should Hillery have divorced Bill and why didn't she? Not really a question for you but for everyone.

Last edited:
I only hope that someone way better then Trump will run in the next election in 7 and half years as a republican BECAUSE I will never vote for democrat now that I really understand what they are about.

+1 Jamie on the next election. I can't affiliate with either major either party anymore. I think we all can agree, this country needs a great leader. And soon. The two party system has run its course and no longer suits many. I know its much more complicated than this.

Latest posts

Back