Little bunny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Didn't stand a chance:wave bye:. Just about ten minutes ago I hit the poor little guy on my vmax. He didn't get under my wheels, I swerved a little and he got hit by the engine guard and then my foot. That was the first animal I have ever hit with a motorcycle. Anybody else have any animal experiences?
Tim

Took out a pheasant, a raccoon and a skunk last year.....:damn angry:

Lots of birds, a cat, and one big ass jackrabbit........ Hit the rabbit square on at 60 mph in the dark, got home and smoothed the cone out of the seat from that one!

I'll just say that if you have the option between a German Shepard, and a turtle...

Take the dog out.

I've killed/wounded quite a few critters on a motorcycle, but you don't want to hit a turtle.

Hit a raccoon while on a sharp curve, I went down and rolled into a guardrail, the max slid into a ditch. I think that raccoon gave me the finger and ran off.

I was heading into work for the midnight shift on a Magna. It was raining moderately, I'm on a four lane highway at highway speed on a big sweeper and damn if a frickin twenty pound Armadillo comes from the median. I didn't dare swerve and Ol' Maggie rode right over it...thump,thump. No wobble nor a wiggle, rock solid. Went by the location the next morning to see the Dillo carcass but it was no where to be found. Maybe it didn't die? Or limped off into the woods. No fun but a good story. Just a suggestion, I actually got up on my pegs automatically right before impact. Guess it is a throwback reaction to the dirt bike days! I think it helped.

Nailed a dog in '81 on my buddys Kawi 500 triple. The dog did a couple of cartwheels & I damn near laid it down, but somehow we both survived.

Hit a dog at 15kph and fell over and my glasses flew somewhere and took 10 minutes to find them.And last year I got hit in the helmet by a mango and 2 seconds later almost collected a flying fox [fruit bat] in the visor.Scared the *(+$$#% out of me.And sad to say I was sort of chasing a loon and it zigged ,I zagged and then it zigged and I zigged and there was a puff of feathers and it was no more.:confused2: Kevman.

hit a poodle thing last year. it likes to chase bikes. didn't know it was there until it bounced of my front rim. it ended up being okay but shook up.

I hit a bird (or maybe it hit me?) at about 80 in a long gentle sweeper. I saw it fly towards the front wheel but didn't see any feathers, I just felt a thud from the front wheel. It was little disconcerting at that speed but no damage other than to the bird most likely. Some local carnivore got a free meal that day I suspect.

A black angus hit me..:rofl_200: no shit.

Riding my H2750 back in the 70's. Riding slowly up the driveway one of our angus was standing right next to the fence along the driveway. I stopped honked, yelled and then tried to go around. I spooked him and Wham he just mowed me over like I wasnt there. :rofl_200: First dent in my chrome triples.:bang head::rofl_200:

Ran over a few chickens and my sisters cat. Worse was a big horned sheep on Angeles Crest. T boned it on a Yami Vision. Smashed the bike pretty bad. Was able to limp it down the mountain before it started making a loud knoking sound.

I'll just say that if you have the option between a German Shepard, and a turtle...

Take the dog out.

I've killed/wounded quite a few critters on a motorcycle, but you don't want to hit a turtle.

You don't want to slow to around 50mph and try kicking one to safety either.

Didn't stand a chance:wave bye:. Just about ten minutes ago I hit the poor little guy on my vmax. He didn't get under my wheels, I swerved a little and he got hit by the engine guard and then my foot. That was the first animal I have ever hit with a motorcycle. Anybody else have any animal experiences?
Tim
Took out 7 racoons once with my Ford Ranger STX. I was able to hook the wheel to get the last three and all were DRT. It was an example of natural selection making the roads safe for the bikes in the area.
In my county it is legal to exit the road up to 50 feet to hit a racoon.
Obviously I wouldn't off-road the Max though.
:confused2:

Latest posts

Back