Local man killed in Afghanistan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[self-deleted - not I-net wording]

Sorry to hear about your local man, Dan-o.

Thanks Jim....boggles my mind that the Army would send a 2 Star General into a war zone where this type of fighting is going on....like he's not going to be a premium target?

Somebody in Washington probly thought it would convey good faith and trust....right!

Engineers have been known to be the first to arrive and wind up in the line of fire . I don't remember losing any 2 Star Generals since Viet Nam .

Damn shame we have to lose anybody in a war nobody can ever win.

R.I.P.

Combat Engineers S-2 '68-'74

Thanks Jim....boggles my mind that the Army would send a 2 Star General into a war zone where this type of fighting is going on....like he's not going to be a premium target?

Somebody in Washington probly thought it would convey good faith and trust....right!

Much more likely this particular 2 star did not conform to the current CIF's philosophies, and therefore..........had to go. If he wouldn't retire voluntarily.......put him near the line of fire, and put out the word he's going to be there. ...just sayin'.

Much more likely this particular 2 star did not conform to the current CIF's philosophies, and therefore..........had to go. If he wouldn't retire voluntarily.......put him near the line of fire, and put out the word he's going to be there. ...just sayin'.

Interesting POV....and not out of the question by any means!

Engineers have been known to be the first to arrive and wind up in the line of fire . I don't remember losing any 2 Star Generals since Viet Nam .

Damn shame we have to lose anybody in a war nobody can ever win.

R.I.P.

Combat Engineers S-2 '68-'74

Absolutely! This was different tho....after the withdrawal he was one of the 'advisors' sent back to help calm down all the whining & complaining....or some such political shit!

Just a waste of a good man!

Back