Local Max on craigslist...<SCAM>

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Local Max on craigslist...

Stock alright, I don't think so - this bike has been on ebay a bunch of times for much more $$$ and didn't sell - there's definitely something wrong with this picture - I smell a scam.

Mike

when you stretch out the swingarm, i don't think the shocks are supposed to be almost rubbing on the springs??? take a close look at the bottom right pic....

when you stretch out the swingarm, i don't think the shocks are supposed to be almost rubbing on the springs??? take a close look at the bottom right pic....

Those are some fancy stock pipes as well!:rofl_200:

Besides his ad being false if the bike is in working order and is only $2700, it is a heck of deal.

When I first saw this on Ebay he wanted almost $16,000.

I emailed the dude and told him his bike wasnt stock and his ad was false and untrue just to see what kind of response I would get. Here it is

Hi,
There are 10600 miles on it, the bike is still available, it's in perfect condition,never been damaged , and the price I`m selling it for is $2700, which is including all shippings charges.
I used to live in Chicago but I`m currently working in the UK (Manchester) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and although I love it, the bike is one of the things I`m not taking with me.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks.

What a douche bag!!!

thats the typical scam email back...

Last year a guy on fleaBay had an '05 w/low miles for sale for $2800. Only problem, was, the bike was in Poland!
He had all the bases covered, shipping, inspection perion, bonded 3rd party to escrow the $'s with, everything seemed to be explained.
I told him to send me a pic of a Polish newspaper, with the date showing, on the seat and we would have a deal.
I never heard from him again!
Like the guy said, "If it seems to good to be true...........it probably is!"

I emailed the dude and told him his bike wasnt stock and his ad was false and untrue just to see what kind of response I would get. Here it is

Hi,
There are 10600 miles on it, the bike is still available, it's in perfect condition,never been damaged , and the price I`m selling it for is $2700, which is including all shippings charges.
I used to live in Chicago but I`m currently working in the UK (Manchester) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and although I love it, the bike is one of the things I`m not taking with me.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks.

What a douche bag!!!

MONEYBOOKERS IS THE KEY WORD.

I hate to say it but a friend of mine saw a Craigslist ad last year and directed me to it. It was for like a 2000 or something model Max and the guy only wanted very little for it. He was also trying to bate me in with the whole Moneybookers thing.

I got spoofed emails supposedly from Moneybookers. When I went to the Moneybookers (legitimate) site and signed up with fictitiuos information, I compared email address details from the legitimate site with the ones that supposedly came from them and obviously, they were not the same.

It's always the same story. It might be several people but I think it's probably the same person. Wish I could find this person....

The worst part was the guy I was dealing with was trying to swear on his false religious beliefs that he was honest and so forth. He'll rot in hell for doing this over and over again..... but I'll bet you he has scammed people for thousands...

They won't bother to communicate with you once you are on to them.

Wasn't it on this website that someone found a thread of a guy pretending to be gay and asking the seller for sexual favors???

If you can see the bike in person before money is exchanged, its a great deal. The swing arm/wheel alone is worth more than the asking price. Even if the engine is toast, you can part it out for more than $2700. That was on ebay no fewer than 4 times in the past, never sold.

Craigslist scam,
Same story everytime, guy overseas or worse
they say they are in military being shipped overseas.:real mad:
Price is low, in different location and using moneybroker.
DONT FALL FOR THESE LOWLIFE SCAMMERS !!

Back