Looking at a 2006 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2006 Vmax tomorrow....bone stock with case savers and factory rear seat sissy bar and rack....25000 miles excellent condition....guys asking $5000 but I'm thinking that's a little high after looking at used worth on line.

Can I get some opinions on what I should offer and actual street worth please?

Yeah, that's high, I think, but $4K for one needing nothing, maybe tires because they're > 5 years old, and some easy maintenance like changing the brake fluid in the brakes & clutch systems, and fresh coolant, would be about right, maybe leave your contact #. Bring cash, cash speaks/'money talks.'

If it's really clean, and needs nothing, then $5K or something close isn't out of line.

Yeah, that's high, I think, but $4K for one needing nothing, maybe tires because they're > 5 years old, and some easy maintenance like changing the brake fluid in the brakes & clutch systems, and fresh coolant, would be about right, maybe leave your contact #. Bring cash, cash speaks/'money talks.'

If it's really clean, and needs nothing, then $5K or something close isn't out of line.
appreciate the response....this is a nephew of a good friend...he used to come along on rides with us years ago...he had it on FB marketplace for quite awhile for $5000 and took it off....I'll hit him with 4G's and I'm sure we'll probably end up somewhere around 45 or so...thanks again

Looks pretty-clean. Check the inside of the gas tank. Does it run? What's the asking price? It has some popular accessories on it. It appears to have spent its time in a garage because there is little sign of weathering. Check the master cyl's for the level and the color of the brake fluid, and see if the levers have the resistance you would expect to feel, when operating them. Don't forget the rear brake, its reservoir is by the right footpeg, a plastic cup & screw-on top. What is the mileage?

Some info which may help you in assessing the bike: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read!

Do you have any mechanical skills? VMax'es sitting for months or years often have clogged passages in the carburetors, not a big deal if you're a proficient mechanic, but they can be expensive to correct if you need to just bring it to a dealership for the work to be done. There are members on here who can clean/service your carburetors if you remove them and mail them off.

More help: Thinking about it… Start at the beginning of the thread.

Last edited:
Looks pretty-clean. Check the inside of the gas tank. Does it run? What's the asking price? It has some popular accessories on it. It appears to have spent its time in a garage because there is little sign of weathering. Check the master cyl's for the level and the color of the brake fluid, and see if the levers have the resistance you would expect to feel, when operating them. Don't forget the rear brake, its reservoir is by the right footpeg, a plastic cup & screw-on top. What is the mileage?

Some info which may help you in assessing the bike: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read!
25,000 miles…..everything works as new….yes it ran…vboost cyked just as it should….clutch lever had a little more palsy then ivwas used to on my previous ones but that was a lot of years ago.

Been thru that list multiple times already lol

Ordered a front tire from Dennis Kirk and have it already….everything else is good.

Just saw the second part of your response…..yes I’m mechanically inclined…the guy that owns it now (haven’t picked it up yet) rode it this passed summer so it hasn’t been sitting any appreciable time.

It’s home……thought I’d post pics here with the windshield it came with….I think this is a Yamaha windshield….I don’t think it looks terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5696.jpeg
    IMG_5696.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5695.jpeg
    IMG_5695.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
That is the Yamaha Mini III screen and works well for day to day riding BUT can cause high speed (over 90-100) stability issues.

Spitfire has shields like that. The OEM is lower w/an aluminum bottom band. GIVI has one similar to the OEM

It’s home……thought I’d post pics here with the windshield it came with….I think this is a Yamaha windshield….I don’t think it looks terrible.
I have a small stock windscreen and am thinking of fitting a bigger one so it looks ok to me.

I have a small stock windscreen and am thinking of fitting a bigger one so it looks ok to me.
Yeah I haven’t ridden it with the windshield yet (it’s -3 degrees at the moment lol) but it looks as if it would do the job….I’ve been riding behind Harley bat wings for decades so being unprotected isn’t something I’m interested in for long rides.

So 82 degrees today so out for a little shake down run of about 60 miles today. Couple of things….this bike is just screaming for a 6th gear…..the seat may be one of the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been on…so ready to get off at 60 miles and thirdly HORRIBLE factory hand grips. lol

Everything else…..what a wonderful motorcycle….couldn’t be happier.

The seat seems ok for me on my stock bike. (I'm 5ft6 tall.) My only complaint with the throttle grip is that you have to twist it a long way, but then again, it's not really a sports bike. It's about 46F here in Boston UK.

Yeah I haven’t ridden it with the windshield yet (it’s -3 degrees at the moment lol) but it looks as if it would do the job….I’ve been riding behind Harley bat wings for decades so being unprotected isn’t something I’m interested in for long rides.
Mine came with a windshield like that. I liked the lack of wind but the top of the windshield was right at eye level. Drove me up the wall. It has been removed.

Mine came with a windshield like that. I liked the lack of wind but the top of the windshield was right at eye level. Drove me up the wall. It has been removed.
Yeah I look further over it….takes the wind right over my helmet….I don’t mind it. Things will probably change after I go to a Sean mid cut seat eventually.

Back