Looking at saddle bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Looking at doing a weeks riding in summer. I have been looking at some leather ones on the net and are they of all the same size etc and do they need anything to fit to. I have been looking at some on www.leatherup.com . Would these just fit over the pillion seat or are saddlebags from different manufacturers all different . Im also looking at a bag to go on the pillion seat . Any help on this matter would be much appreciated

I use a set of nelson rigg nylon/cordura throwovers that work perfect.

The connection between the two bags can be adjusted so they hang without any back support and i only use on tie down on each side and they stay put fine.

They are cut higher and slanted for sportbike use and hold plenty for a weeks trip.

I use the same brand magnetic tank bag also. It's my man purse too.

I use a set of nelson rigg nylon/cordura throwovers that work perfect.

The connection between the two bags can be adjusted so they hang without any back support and i only use on tie down on each side and they stay put fine.

They are cut higher and slanted for sportbike use and hold plenty for a weeks trip.

I use the same brand magnetic tank bag also. It's my man purse too.

What size are they , do you have any pics of them on bike ? Have been looking at some on Ebay as they say are universal but my measurements say they dont fit :ummm:

I bought a set from leatherup.com and I have to throw them over the rear seat. I wanted to install them under the seat but they hang to low and would rub the exhaust. Whatever you do, don't buy the ultra cheap ones on ebay. Go with leatherup.com they have good bags for a good price.

I bought a set from leatherup.com and I have to throw them over the rear seat. I wanted to install them under the seat but they hang to low and would rub the exhaust. Whatever you do, don't buy the ultra cheap ones on ebay. Go with leatherup.com they have good bags for a good price.

I agree those ones on Ebay look cheap . Did plenty of searching through the forum last night bag and found a max with Cortech saddlebags with a bag on top - I liked it or do i go with Leather ones:punk:

I have these FatMax hard bags on my bike and I love them! SO MUCH easier/quicker to open and close than leather ones, and properly waterproof! Only downside is they're not as easily removable and more of a permanent fixture, but I'm totally happy with that.

My bike is the one shown as 'musclebagger' on the website's featured V-Maxes.

http://www.fatmax.com/magna/magna.htm

As far as leather items are concerned, the ones I have on my 454 LTD are pretty cool. The guys who make those - Willie & Max - have a lot of choice in sizes, shapes and colors, and they're real quality items. Check'em out here:

http://www.willieandmax.com/

Back