• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a hard time via email convincing Amy that you can't advertise "Fits all year V-max".
I'm trying to tell her that everyone else is wrong, and that her levers fits 1985-2007 only. The 2009 on levers are completely different.

That's right isn't it? I haven't gone mad... yet? :ummm:

I tried too, here is the reply I got;

Dear kj_alaska,

Dear friend,
Thanks very much for your satisfaction.
The lever fit for Vmax 1200cc All year.
Thanks again for your promotion.
Yours sincerely,
Shirely

- wxtracing

Maybe the language barrier breakdown takes place at 1200cc. Cause they're right on that one. They do fit all years of the 1200cc version :), just not the 1700cc versions :biglaugh: :confused2:

Might just have to send a picture or something like this ;

leverfitment.jpg

and also put the displacement under the photo?

Or dimension arrows that show the engine is bigger on the bigger pic.

<---------- 1200 ----------->

<--------------- 1700 --------------->

:rofl_200:

Also consider wider/higher handlebars - made a world of difference to my mirrors on the ol' 86..

Or, if you like'em, bar end mirrors?
I did change out the stock bar which is like 27 inches to a 35 inch extra wide bar, I was hoping that the extra wide bar would move the M/C out enough to get the mirrors past my shoulders but it is still not enough. I did not see any bar end mirrors I liked they seem rather small to me so I used a bar end lights.
handlebarend6.jpg

There are 5 leds inside that bar end, the light gets washed out in the daytime
handlebarend4.jpg

At night the bar ends are visible from either from behind or the side. I been told that my bike is starting to look like a Christmas tree with all the lights I have added, but that must trucker in me. And yes I love huge mirrors, I can't see a thing in them tiny little mirrors

I sent another message today, with a new graphic.
I wrote:
I agree on the fitment of the levers on the Generation I (1985-2007)Vmaxes. But the Generation II Vmaxes (2009-2012), have totally different levers.
The levers for a 1985-2007 Vmax won't work with them. I made you a graphic to help explain this to future customers :)
Thanks again for my levers, I could not be happier with them.
KJ Shover

This is the new graphic I sent.

leverfitment.jpg

Hey Barry, how long is 'twice'?

Ah assume this a new unit of time measurement in your part of the world?

:biglaugh::ummm::biglaugh:

That's funny! :clapping:Well some bone head ordered parts from the wrong chinise supplier because he did not read the thread carefully. I sent them back and reordered from the correct supplier. That's a twice measurment.

That's funny! :clapping:Well some bone head ordered parts from the wrong chinise supplier because he did not read the thread carefully. I sent them back and reordered from the correct supplier. That's a twice measurment.

LOL :rofl_200: hahaha got it.

Maybe I should put a sign saying it takes 'twice' to arrive when I sell stuff on fleaBay :biglaugh:

Anybody care to condense this thread into exactly what levers have been purchased and installed with satisfactory outcome? It may be a labor intensive endeavor I see. But there are a ton of posts to wade through here. I wanted wide levers which I found at Exactrep but they are double whay you guys are paying for the whole set up. So I changed my mind and will go adjustables for a Gen1. Thanks in advance !

Anybody care to condense this thread into exactly what levers have been purchased and installed with satisfactory outcome? It may be a labor intensive endeavor I see. But there are a ton of posts to wade through here. I wanted wide levers which I found at Exactrep but they are double whay you guys are paying for the whole set up. So I changed my mind and will go adjustables for a Gen1. Thanks in advance !

anything from this seller works perfect:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=v-max&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=251008013637&_osacat=0&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=wxtracing

this seller appears to be the same seller with a different name but i haven't seen 100% confirmation yet:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=v-max&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=buyhubforu

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=v-max&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=beyondbikers

i added naughty's link as well. maybe this is something ryan shoudl put in his FAQ?

Thanks for the brevity Gamorg! I can't believe two hundred posts on LEVERS!!!
I'll probably make the leap soon but leave you all with this thought.
$46 bucks shipped from China! Really? It's only our very lives at stake or at the least our health.
Just saying... We all know China's Q.C. ( quality control ) or does that mean "quit crying".

KJ, how is the pull with the shorter levers? I may pick up a set of shorties, you know, just for the looks. Nice job on the graphic.

Just as a recap for this thread, this is where you can pickup the levers: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=v-max&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=251008013637&_osacat=0&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=wxtracing

I'm loving the new feel so far, Brian, They fit my two fingers perfectly. I just activated my insurance this morning. Tomorrow I don't have any classes, so I'm going to road test them on something more than around my neighborhood.

I'll probably make the leap soon but leave you all with this thought.
$46 bucks shipped from China! Really? It's only our very lives at stake or at the least our health.
Just saying... We all know China's Q.C. ( quality control ) or does that mean "quit crying".

That is a valid concern, I've thought about that very subject when I put on my wavy rotors. I figure, if they were going to go, they would go. So I started beating on them pretty hard. Several 140-0 stops, and riding them to see how they react when they heat up. I went through a set of pads in the summer. They still seem fine to me :biglaugh: When the levers came up, I figure I'm not going to be able to squeeze them hard enough to do any damage to them. I think I would damage the M/C's first. But that is something that will be in my mind while riding. :clapping:

Latest posts

Back