• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came right away and fit right on nicely
They feel good but havent had them on the road yet

Wow, 9 days to get to you in the USA? Thats quick compared to the 2 weeks they stated me from yesterdays order. We shall see! They do look good! Those look like the 4 finger levers.

Wow, 9 days to get to you in the USA? Thats quick compared to the 2 weeks they stated me from yesterdays order. We shall see! They do look good! Those look like the 4 finger levers.

They gave me three weeks here in Canada but that is normal.:confused2:

my brothers shipped on 3/24 and were in Queens, NYC last night 8pm

They gave me three weeks here in Canada but that is normal.:confused2:

Your not alone, they gave me three weeks too.

I ordered on the 17th, they shipped on the 20th, arrived in California on the 23rd, then finally left customs on the 27th. According to the tracking they've been enjoying a tour of California, as they are still there just a different city.

Just installed my levers tonight. Took about 15 min and they fit perfectly....wooooohoooooo! :eusa_dance:

I have actually been on the same quest Mike, but have gone a little deeper into the project! I have got a Suzuki GSX1400 Master Cylinder (07/08), and a couple of Hayabusa Callipers for the front with some adapters from Sean Morely (One2dmax), thanks Sean! I'm some braided hoses and a couple of R1 disks away from some awesome breaking, so I'm told.

Now, I was completely smitten with some CNC'd, black shorty lever with some red adjusters on them and have just bought some from an ebay seller (the2wheels, very prompt service and they seem of very good quality. Only ?25, too, bargain).

MY question is if the clutch lever a) can be made to fit the Vmax master (with a little help from Dr. Hacksaw and Mr. File)? Or alternatively, will a GSX1400 Clutch Master cylinder drive the clutch mechanism on the Vmax effectively? If so I'll source one of them and marry it up with the lever and a braided hose. Obviously the brake lever will fit the GSX master cylinder, but it would be great to have matching levers.

I'd thought they would probably flow a similar amount of fluid, what with them being similar sized & weighted bikes, with similar sized engines, but you know who's mother assumption is, don't you!

Any advice welcome!

I received my levers on Friday, shipped on the 22nd received on the 30th! They look nice and well made, although the red could be a little darker to match up to my paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
I have actually been on the same quest Mike, but have gone a little deeper into the project! I have got a Suzuki GSX1400 Master Cylinder (07/08), and a couple of Hayabusa Callipers for the front with some adapters from Sean Morely (One2dmax), thanks Sean! I'm some braided hoses and a couple of R1 disks away from some awesome breaking, so I'm told.

Now, I was completely smitten with some CNC'd, black shorty lever with some red adjusters on them and have just bought some from an ebay seller (the2wheels, very prompt service and they seem of very good quality. Only ?25, too, bargain).

MY question is if the clutch lever a) can be made to fit the Vmax master (with a little help from Dr. Hacksaw and Mr. File)? Or alternatively, will a GSX1400 Clutch Master cylinder drive the clutch mechanism on the Vmax effectively? If so I'll source one of them and marry it up with the lever and a braided hose. Obviously the brake lever will fit the GSX master cylinder, but it would be great to have matching levers.

I'd thought they would probably flow a similar amount of fluid, what with them being similar sized & weighted bikes, with similar sized engines, but you know who's mother assumption is, don't you!

Any advice welcome!

Hi mate,

I think you will have to see how closely the levers match up. Probably best bet is to buy 2 sets of levers and use the clutch from one and the brake from the other!

With different master cylinders, there is usually a bore size written on the cylinder. On the vmax ones it has 5/8. People often switch to 14mm with the brakes because with beefier brakes it's nice to have a bit more feel. Slightly smaller bore gives you more control, but of course you have to be sure you have enough lever travel. I guess the same goes for clutch.

I have standard m/cyl's, R1 size wave rotors, braided lines and Brembo 4 spots. Works great, and the Busa ones are better by all reports. :biglaugh:

my brother got his. says he loves 'em. got him the adjustable length ones. they were $40 free shipping. he says they adjust about 2" and go 1" shorter and 1" longer than stock.

he said also they all but got rid of the stupid clutch lever play.

my brother got his. says he loves 'em. got him the adjustable length ones. they were $40 free shipping. he says they adjust about 2" and go 1" shorter and 1" longer than stock.

he said also they all but got rid of the stupid clutch lever play.

Which eBay auction / vendor did you use?

Which eBay auction / vendor did you use?

here's all the sellers v-max stuff:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=v-max&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=251008013637&_osacat=0&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=wxtracing

these are the ones i got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a729eda26

why those are an 'auction' and nothing else is? i don't know. make sure you specify colour when you pay. i forgot to but had luckily asked previously if i could get black on black and they put 2+2 together (nice customer service!).

i see they also have fold-able ones for twice the price as the adjustables. cool idea but i think they'd probably break either way in a tip over. i'd rather just buy 2x sets of the adjustables and have spares.... just my $.02.

Lucky man:clapping:. According to the tracking, mine has arrived in Sacramento on Tuesday and has been there ever since. :confused2:

They gave me a tracking # but not sure of the China site to enter it into.:bang head:

Thanks guys. I just tried again but no-go.:ummm: Oh well I will just have to wait a couple more weeks and see what happens. Never had any problems recieving goods befor on E-Bay.

Lucky man:clapping:. According to the tracking, mine has arrived in Sacramento on Tuesday and has been there ever since. :confused2:

I ordered mine on 3/30/12 and USPS states its still waiting on more info from China....guess its really snail mail at its best :(

Back