Looking to buy soon! Tons of questions, Advice appreciated

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyZane

Reaction score
Ok, I’m looking to buy a VMAX. Test rode one a couple of months ago and the means to purchase have finally arrived. Loved it, best bike I have ever ridden. So, a few questions:

Is there any general information I should be aware of before I walk into a dealership? I am going to finance and do not want to have to deal with shipping so new is what is available for me in Phoenix. I just talked with a dealer who offered 18132 (bike is 15786, the rest is TTL and doc fees, etc.) out the door for a 2014 that arrived 2 weeks ago. How does that sound? Do VMAXs often need extended warranties or would the stock one-year likely cover me if anything was to happen? Should I look into adding one? I know they invoice for somewhere between 15300 and 15700 so I’m not sure if what he offered is a good deal.

My future plan include potentially lowering it, back rest, exhaust, and fender eliminator kit of some sort. That's about it. Plan to ride to and from work some days and use it for fun the rest. Live in a house with two other riders so I’m getting the urge.

Sorry for double post (posted first in burn out pit), didn't realize I wasn't where the heavy traffic was.

My only caveat would be I am hoping that you do not expect much in the way of saving fuel, cause I hear that the 2nd gen bikes get even poorer fuel economy than a 1st gen.

Other than that, I hear nothing but high praise for the bike.

Fine choice on getting a new max. I wouldn't worry about the extended warranty. Those things are bulletproof unless you're drag racing or beating on it hardcore. If they are set on their prices, try and work them to throw in the backrest or some oil changes to make the sale work for ya! Worth a shot right? Good luck. Let us know how you make out!

Get them to throw in a new expensive helmet from a well-known manufacturer, gloves, and maybe some boots. At least a quality helmet. Make sure it fits your head well. It should be snug but not tight. If you don't ride w/a pair of good riding gloves, over the ankle boots, and an armored jacket (for the summer, you've seen the mesh jackets, right?) to go w/a new highest-rating approved helmet, you should. New gear is much cheaper than orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, and neurologists.

Fine choice on getting a new max. I wouldn't worry about the extended warranty. Those things are bulletproof unless you're drag racing or beating on it hardcore. If they are set on their prices, try and work them to throw in the backrest or some oil changes to make the sale work for ya! Worth a shot right? Good luck. Let us know how you make out!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it some thought on the warranty, I'm all for saving money. I will also see what I can finagle out of them. I am making a 18k purchase!

Back