Lost all drive on interstate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I was riding on the interstate and lost all drive I'm hoping it was a u joint or something simple but there goes my weekend away on my Max. I had it trailered back till I get back Monday but don't know where to start to look for the problem, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

Where the driveshaft meets the motor there is a round plug that you can take out. Look in there and push the bike to see if the shaft is turning. This will give you a place to start looking.

Could possibly have been the driveshaft that broke. I just saw one that did that today. it broke about the middle, 2 equal pieces.

Probably a driveshaft is what it sounds like to me. Not all that uncommon.

Sean

I talked with Paul from Mad Max today and he thinks it's either a motor yoke or when the rear hub was removed to be chromed they didn't line up the spline just right or it could be the small nut in the rear differential that sheared off. the yokes cheaper he said though. He said a broken drive shaft would make a hell of a noise clanking around inside the outer casing he said it's also a very heavy duty shaft that he puts on with the 250 swingarm. Ed

Latest posts

Back