lowering bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
i have seen alot of bikes on here lowered, what is the best way to do this. dave
icon5.gif

At the rear, get shorter shocks. Progressive make them in many lengths, from the stock 13" down to 12.5", 12", 11.5" etc.

At the front, you simply loosen the tripletrees pinch bolts and slide the fork tubes up a bit. Most people like to drop exactly 1" at the front to help handling.

Two points:

- if you lower your bike, you render your center stand useless unless you roll the bike on wooden boards to get it up. If you don't use it then take it off - nice weight loss.

- if you're gonna undo the forks pinch bolts, MAKE SURE TO JACK UP THE BIKE under the motor or it'll come down slamming on the seals and earn you a Doh! award :rofl_200:

- if you're gonna undo the forks pinch bolts, MAKE SURE TO JACK UP THE BIKE under the motor or it'll come down slamming on the seals and earn you a Doh! award :rofl_200:

I am not aware of any such incident, nor would I be inclined to discuss it if I were.

If you're running stock spring I would suggest you NOT lower it. I would install new springs and lowering springs or blocks into the forks to get the desired drop.

I did this and LOVE it. Much more stable at speed and drops into the corners FAST now.

Mine is lowered 2 in front and 1.5 in back.

Attachments

• 100_2398.jpg
    100_2398.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 31
Back