• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Luggage rack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njwhit

Reaction score
Looking for a factory luggage rack. The finish is not an issue as i plan on Bead Blasting it and having it chromed.

@Patmax Nope :)

Just keep an eye on the forum, they popup every now and then. Normally it is sissy bar with the rack but I know CaptianKyle sells the racks separately (when he has them, I think he sold one a few weeks ago if I remember correctly).

I got lucky and snagged mine from another forum member in either December or January.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362769868703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362769868703.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 37
Looking for a factory luggage rack. The finish is not an issue as i plan on Bead Blasting it and having it chromed.

Just keep a sharp eye out here on the forum and check ebay as well. They tend to go very quick, like within hours! (sometimes minutes!!!)

There is one on eBay without the mounting brackets right now for a BIN price of $75 plus shipping.

I can't be watching all the sites continuously like many of you guys and I consider myself to be on here way too often. I ain't paying $75 bucks for just a rack either so it will be a looong wait before I get one. I got a set of factory brackets done in flat black I'll sell for $50 if anyone can use them. Don't look like I'll score the rack to complete it.

Last edited:
I've seen factory racks sell for as much as 200 bucks on eBay, 150 is about the going rate, so I don't think 75 for one missing the brackets is too far out of line.

Those things have only recently gone up in price Just the opposite of sissy bars which were sky high now much more reasonable. I for one will not be party to artificially inflating the prices even though I am more of a reseller than a consumer of such products. I have a hard time swallowing the current prices for items I used to buy for $20 bucks and sell for $40-50 refinished. In the end, I'm fine with those who will pay any price for something they want bad enough. Just for me, I can neither afford it nor expect my fellow Maxxers to be bent over. I have a set of forward controls I initially asked too much for and the buyer enlightened me to the going price so I adjusted accordingly after doing some research. No harm in that and I would do the same if things were switched around. I hate over paying as much as the next guy.

I wonder if there is anyway that someone could post the specifications (drawings) so that if someone was so inclined, they could make their own...or have them made?

hey new to here BUT the max I bought came with extra's and I have not figured out yet to sell off the the extra body work and the luggage rack ... I am all about helping out and paying it forward... so I will let you know if I decide to part with it. Thanks, Tim

Latest posts

Back