Maaco

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
Happened to see a MAACO commercial at the beginning of the AFC game.
I had my Camaro painted by them 5 times, yes 5, about four years ago. I had done all the body work on the car, and instead of painting it in a guy's garage that time, at the suggestion of a body guy in my shop, I used MAACO. Huge mistake. When they painted the car, I could see my work, three different primers, underneath. On the 4th trip, they vandalized my car with a huge dent in the LH door. Looked like they slammed it open into a post. After multiple calls to the head office in Pa, I received a call back one day stating they ran off the franchise owners, that they wanted to make it right with me. They did a 7 out of 10 job the last time. You're playing Russian Roulette with the caliber of franchise owners you get when you use MAACO. Prob with a semi auto. Watch yo azz with these clowns. Get references.

a buddy of mines father has all his company vehicles painted by them. only problem they have is after about 2 or 3 years the nice paint job turned into an awesome flat red. Lame. now they have all the trucks wrapped in vynyl, looks 100X better!

Part of the problem is they pay about $50 for a gallon of paint. it's single state synthetic enamel, its about the worst auto paint you can buy, as a reference cheap Acrylic Urethane is over $100 just or the clear.

I just finished doing a serious Restomod on my 1966 Mustang, the paint supplies alone were over $5000 and it wasn't any special brand like House of Kolors etc., just the best quality PPG.

There is no way to cheap out on bodywork, its all about time, effort, skill and quality supplies.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't use exterior latex honestly.

I'm not a fan of any of the chain auto-service shops. They all suck.

Had mine painted wth Imron by th painter at work, pretty happy with the results. The paint is hard to buff,but looks ok. 3 years on it now.
I'd like to hear more about wraping if anyone has some basic knowledge on it. Is it exoensive? Nice as paint?
Steve-o

I just finished doing a serious Restomod on my 1966 Mustang, the paint supplies alone were over $5000 and it wasn't any special brand like House of Kolors etc., just the best quality PPG.

There is no way to cheap out on bodywork, its all about time, effort, skill and quality supplies.

I shot PPG on my 1st paint job over in Germany. It was a green dump truck. Took me a week to sand and tape the thing. Have the pic of it around somewhere. Uncle Sugar had quite the PPG set up there.

I used a Nason single stage to paint a 83 TA I had. I used a Holly Red cause they were out of a blood red I wanted. It looked sharp. Had tons of compliments. Ended up selling it to a young airman who seen it in my drive. He asked how much. I gave him an outrageous. He came by with the bucks two days later. I had converted it over to a 5 sp. I had a 88 TA with RH door damage that I bought off a Cpt for 300 bucks. Had a farmer stop by and buy it off me for 1300. I was just getting ready to fix the door. I didn't have either car up for sale. Like I tell anyone, most everything I got is for sale.:biglaugh:

Back