" Man , SOMEONE STOLE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I BUY THINGS HERE & THERE OFF OF THE INTERNET & HAVE DRIVEN 3,000 MILES ON MY MAX , AND EVERY TIME I STOP FOR GAS I USE MY CREDIT CARD & SOMEONE STOLE MY INFO ! .. :bang head: .. TODAY I WAS HOME FOR LUNCH AND THE BANK CALLED ME AT 12:20 AND SAID THAT THERE HAS BEEN SOME STRANGE CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT LATELY ! .. I'M THINKING " HERE WE GO " ! .. :confused2: .. AND GUESS WHAT , " THERE WE WENT " .. :bang head: .. SOMETHING WAS ORDERED OFF THE INTERNET FROM SOME COUNTRY THAT STARTED WITH A "P" AND WAS SENT TO ISRAEL , AND SOMETHING ELSE WAS SENT TO AUSTRALIA , AND A CHARGE YESTERDAY & TODAY AT THE SAME TIME AND THE SAME AMOUNT TO SOMETHING CALLED " AGU " OR SOMETHING ! .. :bang head: .. I'M SO FUCKING PISSED ! .. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE , BUT I'M STILL PISSED , AND I HAD TO GO TO THE POLICE STATION TONIGHT TO FILE A REPORT , IN-CASE SOMEONE MIGHT BE ALSO STEELING MY IDENTITY ! .. :bang head: .. :th_biggun:

Just because you use paypal doesn't mean your CC# can't be stolen on the INTERNET :\
i YEAH , I HEAR THAT .. :bang head: .. ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU HEAR ABOUT , BUT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU ! .. UNTIL NOW ! .. :bang head:

Yea, if this happened before, I could almost find out who did it... I am assuming that your CC# was sold to someone in the scene... times have changed, people I know have moved on and so have I

happened to me last weekend - $1400 out of my checking account that was linked to my mc debit card.

Oh man!!...I hoped on the way in from reading the title you were playing with us.....bummed to find out different, bud!!

happened to me last weekend - $1400 out of my checking account that was linked to my mc debit card.

It is for that very reason that I don't use my debit/ATM card for ANY purchases....EVER!

If your CC# gets lifted and they run up the bill, you can dispute it with the CC company and they carry the financial burden until things get sorted out.

If it is your debit card, the bank debits the money from your account immediately.

Been Here, Done This and have all the T-Shirts. Would love to take the people who do all this bad on a range trip. I have the extra ammo. The World would be a better place.:damn angry:

Based on what CR said about the purchases I would bet the scumbag that lifted the number sold the number as part of a valid CC# list. That is why there are shipments to Israel and Australia.

My personal preference would be to simply remove their vital organs for immediate use as organ transplant donors.
(Think Monty Python "We've come for your liver....")

If you want to skip the anesthesia, that works as well.

:punk: Hey Cop Runner, you need to get a service like Life Lock after you get this mess cleaned up and you will be a little more safe. There are several companies that clean up after ID theft but don't prevent it like Life Lock. Good luck, Spurs

As long as your debit card is through visa/MC, or some major CC company, you can usually run it "as a credit". When you swipe it, by default it asks for your PIN, but if you hit cancel, then select "credit", it goes through.

The money is still deducted from your account immediately like a debit, but there's something that if it goes as "credit", the CC company has to insure that transaction, which ends up costing the store money. They have to provide it, but to discourage it they set the machines to automatically default to debit.

Still, I avoid using any cards when I can't see them run it. It's so easy to also run it through a "skimmer" or even just copying the numbers down.

Paypal for everything online. Almost every major online e-tailer takes it as an option, so I use it. Usually speeds things up too, since paypal already knows your shipping/billing address and forwards it to the store, so you don't have to type it in every time.

My .02 cents:

Make sure your home computer is absolutely clean and free of spyware, trojans, viruses, etc.

This happens all too often and in my experience, it is often due to compromised personal computers.

If you haven't heard of keylogging, look it up.

In the meantime, visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com and follow the instructions to scan your computer.

I've had a chance(unfortunetly) to check Paypal customer service.
They response preatty quick when I've placed a charge againt "cmsnl".
Cant complain, I feel totaly safe with paying trouhg PP.

Also I did a charge back once with my Mastercard.
They refund my money too but after 2 months...

I am sorry to hear that.
Anyone can easily steal your credit card and can even forge your signature... at a hotel, at a restaurant, at a shop. Someone did by himself a very expensive genuine leather sofa set using my credit card, and he did imitate my signature. I promptly check my statements so I can file a protesto at the bank and recover my stolen money.

I use pay pal with a debit card on a separate account from my regular banking account. I just "fill" the account as needed from my regular checking account but it does not have automatic transfer.
Also all transactions are emailed to me as they happen so I can stay on top of what is coming out of the account. I have a Credit Union branch about a quarter mile from my office so it's easy to drop by when I want to move some money to my pay pal credit union account. The accounts are free from my Credit Union and I usually leave about $25 in the account just to maintain it.

Latest posts

Back