Manual VBoost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike7488

Reaction score
Hey Guys....Can anyone recommed how I can wire a switch to control just the vboost servo? Let me explain......I run with the vboost unplugged in the open position full time. I would like to figure out how to devise a toggle switch that I can close the butterflies via the servo to start and warm up the bike....then once warmed up, hit the switch and kick the butterflies to the open position. I have looked at the TBoost, ZBoost, Sasy, etc.....but i am wondering if there is a simpler way to manipulate just the servo to control the butterflies manually. Thanks.

hey mike. i just recently got zboost, but i have another option that i used.

basically i put a switch inline on the black wires (on the 3 prong plug). so when its on, it allows the current through and operates as stock. when its off, it stops power to it wherever it is. now you can't have it keep the butterflies open on the fly, but you can either

a. turn the bike off and during its vboost self test cut power while its open.

b. once the revs are above 8k flip the switch.

on the fly once u have it wide open though u can go back to stock or always off quite easily.

anyways if u wanted to try it out, i'm going to be getting rid of it and it cost me all of some spare wire, connectors and a small switch, to make and i can mail it to you no problem, and if you don't end up using it just pass it to someone who might.

also. WELCOME!

Thanks Garrett....I suspected that controlling the servo on the fly may not be possible, but would be slick for what i want if you could. Thanks for offering the switch, I will try this myself and just do as you suggested.
Thanks. Mike #904

Has anyone just tried ditching the vboost controller totally and wiring a simple on/off switch up to the servo motor? Something like this has to work, right?? I have no vboost components anymore, otherwise I'd give it a shot.

how about cable on it like a choke or de-comp lever off thumper bikes, guess too busy holding on to be messing with another lever but could open it as much as you wanted and where ever when ever.

These are the kind of ideas I was looking for....thanks. I dont give 2 shits about the vboost....I just want to be able to control the butterflies (with a switch) to ease cold starting, carb sync, etc. I am sure there is a way to just control the servo motor to open and close the butterfly when you want....I am just not sharp enough with electronics to figure it out.
Mike #904

do a search as well. maleko89 posted a drawing of how to wire in a switch that is a toggle switch, push it one way to open, another way to close.

Back