Marks 4 into 2 12" cans, 2.75 exhaust.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayterrence

Reaction score
This is the exhaust and Headers I am looking at for my bike, i have noticed that most prefer the 14" length cans and not the 12", I seem to like the shorter ones. Is there a difference in performance?? I am not concerned about noise, I love the look of the 2.75 opening I want people to know I'm there!! I will be using the Morley K&N carb kit as well.

Hello Jay, I have Sean Morley's Jet kit w/K&N filter and Mark's exhaust SS, 12" cans but with 2.25" openings. It is loud (116 db) but with a solid lower tone, not a raspy inner ear tweaking sound.
Sean's kit works better in the lower ranges than the STG 7 kit, and matches at the top end.

I talked to Mark about this and he said can length really does not make much of an appreciable difference in the way the bike will run at all.

Length mostly has an effect on dB level. Although, according to Mark, outlet size has more of an impact than a 2" difference in can length.

I used to run a pair of marks 4-2 w/2.5" outlets, 12" cans. Loved it! 2.75" will be loud.

Longer cans tend to give a slightly deeper tone....think of it like an instrument....a flute is quite short and high pitched, while a tuba has yards of tubing coiled up inside of it for bass.

The opening largely dictates overall loudness, a longer can is a bit deeper "boomier" while a shorter one is a bit more raspy.

Though the difference between 12" and 14" really is pretty marginal.

Jayterrence....

ill be the first to say... You have NO idea what youre in for!!!! lol. my marks 4-2 2.75" x 14" pipes are incredible at idle. at WOT... its unreal! any video youve seen on the net, be it mine or whoevers, doesnt hold a candle to the raw feeling you get when you first start up.

just be warned, you will become a LEO target, you wont be able to sneak home late anymore, and i promise you, you will buy a big commercial box of earplugs. I thought, nahh, im a man, who needs these plugs. after your first 1 hour long highway run, youll see. lol

now in no way am i saying dont get these pipes, they will move your soul... but be aware these are much louder than you really think. ive had header cut outs on muscle cars and figured it wouldnt be too bad. lol

ive got the morley muscle kit and am deeply impressed with the performance. do yourself a favour and get the S/S pipes as the black ceramic isnt as durable as i think it should be.

any questions feel free to pm me.

peace,
evan...

Back