Marks Exhaust 1999 2.75 openings and 12" cans

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man his systems sound so nice. I thought you may be selling it till I seen just installed: -(

Its not as loud as I had hoped for. The UFO exhaust is plain rude and I was hoping for a little more of that at idle and lower rpms, but didn't want the higher pitched whine that comes with the ufo either.

Its not quiet, but its not really obnoxious either. Its deep sounding and I think that is why it doesn't sound quite as rude as the ufo exhaust.

Todd

That's why I love marks exhaust deep throaty sound. My supertrapps are annoying that's why I want to trash em.

You captured the sound pretty well there!

Mate, if you want a more obnoxious idle, leave the v-boost open.
In case you aren't aware yet... pull of the LH scoop, turn on the ignition and pull the round plug off the v-boost controller after the first WHIRRR (when the butterfly is open). You can just leave it like that.

It'll sound like a small block with a cam at idle. AWESOME! :punk:
You might have to lean off the idle mixture, or maybe drop the needle if you have installed a jet kit.

Got the driveshaft installed last night and took it for a ride. Carbs are totally rich and popping. Hopefully my other carbs come in so I can get this mess finally taken care of.

It's still to quiet at idle and on the throttle. Not bad at full song, but I was hoping for more.

H pipe limits you swing arm brace options.

I ll do a full review soon.

I would love to see a UFO vs marks dyno run on the same machine.

Todd

Ahhh....brings back fond memories of being beside Redbone at a stop light.............:worthy:

Pure music, man!! :clapping:

We have a low brace we do for these types of exhausts.

I figured out what I am going to do. If I have the time today I ll mock it up and take some pictures. The low brace would be the way to go and really the only way to go unless you go higher and a little further back.

I was thinking of doing the square tube like you offer Sean, but I think I like the round look a little better. I have both types of tube here. But my round is a little thicker then I would like to use. But it would sure brace that sucker up!

The center stand had to come off. Mine is stock , no bends, no damage, just as it was out of the box. Without bending the side foot stand part of it out, it hits the rear can ever so slightly. You could move your can out possibly to make it work better, and put a bump stop on the exhaust provision, but I took it off. I ll make some track stands for it instead. Thinking of getting a lift also. It was a pain in the ass working on the rear diff on the ground. Getting to old for this!

Todd

Usually a little grinding on the foot of the centerstand will give you enough clearance.

You need to remove the rubber bumper from the OEM exhaust and install it in the hole on the crossover tube of the Marks exhaust.

I didn't bother with either of the above and just bolt my centerstand on when I work on the bike. Only takes a minute.

Usually a little grinding on the foot of the centerstand will give you enough clearance.

You need to remove the rubber bumper from the OEM exhaust and install it in the hole on the crossover tube of the Marks exhaust.

I didn't bother with either of the above and just bolt my centerstand on when I work on the bike. Only takes a minute.
+1, I just use mine to work on it. Sean's 3" over, round tube brace is sweet. Mine have the shock brackets moved forward close to factory location (2.5" I think), the drive side is relocated by use of a bracket made by PCW.

Yeah I thought about moving the rubber bump stop, but the whole thing was tweaked enough that I was afraid on long rides down bumpy roads that it would bounce off the can and scratch it up.

I don't use it unless I am working on it and I ll just use a stand from now on.

Besides its 4.5 lbs less drag racing weight!

Todd

Here are some pics that show the round tube braced swingarm to Marks exhaust crossover tube relationship, plenty of clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 55
What did i say? arent marks exhaust just the man!!!! welcome to the 2 3/4 club brotha!!! and trust me on the noise part. once the packing gets burnt in/out enough it gets plenty loud...

i di a morley muscle kit. im at 2000' i went midle clip on the needles, 157.5 mains, short springs, and 1.115" on the floats. the muscle kit is worth every penny dude. the bike pulls like a freight train to 10.5

the pipes look great and sound even better. enjoy!!!

peace,
evan...

thats wicked but also sad to hear i was told the 2.5 will bee way too obnoxiousness so i went with 2.25, they are being made now......might regret it, might have to go to 2.5 min but not sure i can chg my order now.......:bang head::bang head:

What did i say? arent marks exhaust just the man!!!! welcome to the 2 3/4 club brotha!!! and trust me on the noise part. once the packing gets burnt in/out enough it gets plenty loud...

i di a morley muscle kit. im at 2000' i went midle clip on the needles, 157.5 mains, short springs, and 1.115" on the floats. the muscle kit is worth every penny dude. the bike pulls like a freight train to 10.5

the pipes look great and sound even better. enjoy!!!

peace,
evan...
Mine are on it's 4 season and last season I had it sound checked at 116db. The funny this is that a fellow Vmax'r with a ufo 4/1 was right next to mine and his was also 116db, he was not happy that our were the same db. Yep, once the packing get's blown out it a bit you'll like what you hear!:punk:

Well I have around 400 miles on them roughly.

The more I ride them the more I am happy with the sound as a general whole. It is alot quieter then I expected at idle. That is one area I wish they were louder at. They are deep, but not very loud.

I honestly think my stock exhaust with super trapps was louder or as loud, but probably more raspy like.

This weekend with Mikes Vmax at Milan Drag Way I was able to compare a few things.

Write up to follow soon.

Todd

Well I hate to say I checked my exhaust today and I have several pipes that are leaking at the connections and there is a 2" or so crack in one of the pipes in a bend.

:(

Todd

Back