Marks Exhaust at 130 mph!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
So I suppose you want to hear what it would sound like near full song. So always aiming to please you power hungry nuts..... here is Marks exhaust 4-2 2.75" 12" cans running between 85-130+ mph.

As you can see its not that loud, but has a nice deep sound to it. Depending on how your speakers are , the sound I get through my system ( which is low buck, but 2 satellites with a bass box ) is almost dead on for the sound it emits.

So here is 6 mins of sound from Marks exhaust running close to 130+ mph.

Todd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJV988mggrA

Cool, I need to do that with my 89. Kerker 4-1 with a Mark's 12" Can... Need to do the front brakes first though....

this is the noise i hear every day.... its damn sweet. what a nice soundtrack.

peace,
evan....

First off, how did you get such a good clean recording without the wind blast noise. Second, I was dying to hear you crack from a dead stop and redline it. Lastly, listening to this makes me love my Kerker 4/2/1 comp baffle even more so !
I have a new cut down carbon can from KJ Shover that I am dying to run but he already post a video of it so I know it's bad ass but I want to hear it at 145.!!!

Its a Go Pro 2 with open back. Its awesome for recording that is for sure.

Second my wife was on back. No crazy wheel stands or hard launches with her on it. No all out running with it either. A few quick rips she will tolerate, but not utter hooliganism.

Todd

Nice video. Always good to take a ride on a max.

I noticed the front forks - springs moving quite a bit on acceleration . What springs are you running ?

try out a set of progressive springs up front.....you will love it. cool video

try out a set of progressive springs up front.....you will love it. cool video

+1 , or look into Race Tech . It will surprise you how much better it rides when the tire stays in good contact with the road. Then , of course you'll have to stimulate the rear with some Progressives or Works Performance shocks. :punk::clapping:

That was cool. Thanks for posting. I've been wanting a Mark's system for some time. Think I want the same as your's, just don't know if I should get the SS or ceramic.

It's fake...you can see the front wheel running backwards sometimes in the clip!

:rofl_200:

The Southern Hemisphere viewing makes the video go backwards just like water down the loo...:biglaugh:

Plenty of bikes on the road in a rural MI setting.

I remember in the late '60's when we moved to MI, CA was #1 and MI was #2 in bike registrations & boat registrations. On the way from the airport in Wayne, I saw a Triumph rider on I-94 wearing his helmet on his knee area. There was a loophole in the law which while mandating wearing of a helmet, did not specify what part of your anatomy had to be protected w/it! By the end of the decade I was in college, & bought my first bike from my suite-mate, a 305 Scrambler, man what a blast I had w/that, learning to dirt ride, and using it for daily transportation. I had a trials font & a knobby rear, I used to buy 4:00 x 18" Metzelers and would get about two mo. from one before the center knobs were worn-down to the casing. I rode around Battle Creek & one of our favorite places to ride was a sand & gravel pit. I learned a lot about bike handling skills from spending hours in the bowl. My friends w/two strokes were able to do things I couldn't & after a yr. on the Honda, I bought a new 360 Yamaha two stroke, one of the most fun bikes I have ever owned, and that is going back 40 years! And, I still have it.

I have a couple of aftermarket systems that I picked-up but for now have stayed w/the stocker, as I like the quiet note, it doesn't attract as-much attention from the LEO's in the city. Some day I will take the step to the intake & exhaust, as I have both, just waiting. I also have a full front end kit for the stock 43 mm forks (I upgraded from the stock 41 mm) which I will get-around -to, just installed radials yesterday. I like the difference from the radials, hope the front end kit does the same degree of improvement in handling. I already installed Sumitomo FZR brakes & a new master cyl.

It's fake...you can see the front wheel running backwards sometimes in the clip!

:rofl_200:

I like it without the center ring. Easy enough to remove if you have the right tools. After I powder coated it, it was like it was that way from the factory!

I have another video coming soon!

Thanks
Todd

Latest posts

Back