max or ducati 1098 ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
i love my max, but around the same price i would go ducati, fast as hell and a curve hugger, please don't hate me for that, i just love switch backs.:ummm:

i love my max, but around the same price i would go ducati, fast as hell and a curve hugger, please don't hate me for that, i just love switch backs.:ummm:

Having owned several ducati's I can tell you that the 1098 is a very one dimensional bike. If you want the handling with the power then just get yourself a GSXR for 5K less.

The 1098 is not exactly reliable or comfy and the mirrors are pointless. I don't really like the looks compared to the old 999 either. It looks very jap to me now.

I would go for the max. It has good mirrors much better riding position and I betcha it's a little faster as well. They say the handling is not too bad on the new max too!

thanks for the info, i will always keep the max, just want a curve hugger with power, i have never owned a sportbike, if i am going to buy one , i want the best. dave

I've never owned a Ducati myself but know some friends who do/have. They admit there are faster, better handling, more reliable and cheaper bikes available. They also admit that part of the reason they own a Ducati is for the snob factor. I couldn't care less who's name is on the bike and would personally go with an '09 GSX 1k, although the stock exhaust would have to go asap!

Wait for the Aprilia RSV4..that's the one i'm very interested in/curious about. Only thing that worries me is the probable high price. Will probably have to wait a bit to get one. also MVs are quite nice

IMO Itilians cant build a sport bike to keep up with the Japanese Suzuki GSXR1000,
Dont get me wrong there frame design is trick looking just not worth the extra $$$$ to me nor on the track, or back roads...

Another thing with the Ducati if you are not a motorcycle mechanic, you better be able to afford the service work and parts!

Ya know what they say..

"Ya cant drive a cadilac on a scooter ass wallet"

I wouldn't call any 1 bike the best. When I make purchases of stuff thats pricey I always ask my self is, if x is Ydolars and z is YY dollars, is z twice as good as x and go from there. So, a Duc is a few grand more than a pretty much every other sport bike, is it a few grand better?

I wouldn't call any 1 bike the best. When I make purchases of stuff thats pricey I always ask my self is, if x is Ydolars and z is YY dollars, is z twice as good as x and go from there. So, a Duc is a few grand more than a pretty much every other sport bike, is it a few grand better?

You wouldnt call any 1 bike the best?? Did you read what he was looking for??

"just want a curve hugger with power"

IMO the Suzuki GSXR1000 is the best bike for this.

I love the sound of the dry clutch on the Ducati. Several weeks ago I met up with Uncle Philthy & naugtyG at EuroCycles of Tampa for a ride-in breakfast. I swear every time a Ducati rolled past I got a lump in my pants. They sound superbadass to me. Where can I get a dry clutch conversion for my VMAX ? :rofl_200:

You wouldnt call any 1 bike the best?? Did you read what he was looking for??

"just want a curve hugger with power"

IMO the Suzuki GSXR1000 is the best bike for this.

you pretty much answered yourself with the "IMO". Your opinion is that the GSXR 1100 is the best, mine might be the R6...

" Ducati , making mechanics out of riders since 1946 ". I love 'em but don't like working on 'em more than riding . Yamis aren't the most exoitic out there , but you can get on & ride w/o spending the day tuning & turning wrenches .

Ninja, Honda cbr, or Busa ?
Lotsa options out there. Ducati
requires a lot more maintenance.
Paying alot for the Ducati prestige
thing.

I've never owned a Ducati myself but know some friends who do/have. They admit there are faster, better handling, more reliable and cheaper bikes available. They also admit that part of the reason they own a Ducati is for the snob factor. I couldn't care less who's name is on the bike and would personally go with an '09 GSX 1k, although the stock exhaust would have to go asap!

Hey, that's the same reason I ride a Vmax:biglaugh:

My next bike, to add to the stable next to Snowmax, will be a Ducati Streetfighter S. Maintenance isn't that much of an issue once past the warranty period. Talked to a Ducati mechanic and he said that it can be done easily by a person with mechanical ability. The worst one is the cam timing belt change out at 22k KM.

Hey we all have our reasons for wanting a Max. :biglaugh: I knew when I bought mine that it was far from the fastest thing on the street. I like the look and the fact that you don't see one at every stop light. I guess to some degree I'm a bit of a snob too. :confused2:

I would love to add a new sport bike to the stable from a pure performance standpoint though.

I go to a local shop for my maintenance stuff and inevitably there is some little bitch riding a Duc 999 that shows up. He always parks his bike next to mine in some sort of superior showdown shit. It is so f*cking funny when time after time the guys from the shop are walking around my bike asking a bunch of questions, wanting me to start it so they can hear the v-4 rumble. Of course I oblige :punk:
We even left at the same time once. I wasnt in the mood but this kid kept egging me on light to light. Here in So Cal, on Pacific Coast Highway, there is a stretch that has a bunch of lights. After about 3 times, I gave him the go ahead. Needles to say I havent seen him at the shop since then. I gave him a spanking and bad. Either he doesnt know how to ride, or Ducs arent as bad ass as people think/say they are. He isnt the first Duc I have killed on the street either.

Dollar for dollar I would go with either the GSXR or an R1. Both are very nice for what you pay.
Cheers

Back