Maximus (Current State)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
OK Turbostang finally got my chromemasters stuff back..here's the current state of affairs

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Shawn

These are the Mikuni TDMRs so I think jet settings would not apply to yours but I like you would like to tune to be able to go to WOT but have not been able to so far. When going to WOT is the bog down due to too much fuel or too much air? I was going to play with the needle clip position to see if any effect. By the way you've seen the bike before (although not quite like this) at Summerduck a few years ago.

Shawn

These are the Mikuni TDMRs so I think jet settings would not apply to yours but I like you would like to tune to be able to go to WOT but have not been able to so far. When going to WOT is the bog down due to too much fuel or too much air? I was going to play with the needle clip position to see if any effect. By the way you've seen the bike before (although not quite like this) at Summerduck a few years ago.

I remember you now.The bog is from the extra air.I was able to change a setting on my accelerator pump to give it a bigger shot of gas.I can floor it now anytime.The only problem I have right now is a slight hesitation in the very early throttle but not the air fuel screws.Right after that.Pilot jet and pilot air.Flys like crazy wide open but trying to ride slowly and easily in traffic and speed limit it does this.I am slowly dialing these in.I'll get it soon.

I would love to see how you did those carbs.Never heard of that being done before.Maybe a few pics?

Looks great. A tad to bright in the sun, but aside from that, it's very nice. I actuall like the fact that you can see daylight through the engine area.

So that's what you've been up to. Lot's of effort here and it shows. Can you post some more pics in the Garage and a mods list?

Looking Good :clapping:

Keep us posted on the flat carbs and how they line out!

:cheers:
Neil

Gleno

Been a 7 year process so far..will try to get more pics..mod list would take a bit..will try and get it down though.

D

I would love to see how you did those carbs.Never heard of that being done before.Maybe a few pics?[/QUOTE]

Shawn

Did'nt rack my own carbs or anything like that...comes as a complete set up. Just played around with some of the fuel/pilot jets and needle clips. Have'nt adjusted the pumps. I know you can change pump nozzles. I will look into the pump adjustments first. Getting parts for this thing is no easy task (No US parts distributor although some parts are interchangeable with others)

Tom

I would love to see how you did those carbs.Never heard of that being done before.Maybe a few pics?

Shawn

Did'nt rack my own carbs or anything like that...comes as a complete set up. Just played around with some of the fuel/pilot jets and needle clips. Have'nt adjusted the pumps. I know you can change pump nozzles. I will look into the pump adjustments first. Getting parts for this thing is no easy task (No US parts distributor although some parts are interchangeable with others)

Tom[/quote]

This is interesting to me.I have never heard or seen this done before with the mikuni's.Who sells the kit where you bought them?I'd like to get a close look at the things.

Moto-boutique is the only current US distributor for them that I'm aware of although i got mine from a company in TX which is no longer around. I actually told the guy about them and he gave me a great price on them at the time for giving him the tip. Evo-tec, Allens performance in England and Topham in Germany also has them and Boxenstopp can probably get them from F. Maerz in Germany. Everyone gets them from Topham (Euro and N.A. distributor)

They are very nice carbs.Sure look a lot like Keihin FCR's.I did notice that you can keep vboost if wanted so they use the stock manifolds.I wasn't able to find any prices for them though.

Mikuni TDMR Carburetor System
System includes: Four (4) Mikuni 39mm flat slide carburetors, Four (4) open stacks, Hoses & fittings, Set of throttle cables
The system arrives ready to bolt-on, in other words, EVERYTHING you need to do the job yourself, including step-by-step instructions.
NOTE*** filters system available
Our price = $2650.00

http://motoboutique.homestead.com/Page_Vmax.html

:biglaugh: I was just considered the shape and line of the top of the saddle where it meets the faux tank. Would be perfect for a MEK or similar long range tank like this, as they normally overhang the standard seat. (or is this what you have in mind)

Attachments

• JP2.jpg
    JP2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 11
  • MEK fuel tank.JPG
    MEK fuel tank.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
Back