May make it out Sunday for a little track time.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Found a few things wrong and fixed them. Going to strap my frontend down and remove my rear shocks and replace them with solid units for the track.

We'll see how it works. Maybe I ll get time to dig into my carbs soon. There should be a little bit of power in there someplace!

Going to work on my launch tech, and hopefully get down into the 11.0's soon.

Now if I could lose some lbs myself..... a good 20 lbs would sure help!

Todd

Struts will make it harder to launch and get traction at the track. They are a must when using wheelie bars. I do have a wheel with slick for sale if you are interested. Still need to get with you on that trade stuff we talked about.

Strapping the front end down will work much better.

Sean

Ok I ll try that to start. I have a strap idea I have to make up, but for the time being I might just ratchet strap the front till I can machine some brackets.

I ll get with you after this weekend. My last fund raiser for the year is tomorrow.

Todd

OK, the pingle straps we sell are pretty simple and work well. You can probably machine some much nicer brackets then I would use the friction pull type. You'll likely want to let the tension out when getting off the bike so it will sit on it's sidestand without tipping over.

Sean

Lets see some vidio Todd. You put down some nice run's. lapeer is a crazy track to run on but after i got the hang of how to run lapeer i was ok with it. Like you said its a good track to get seat time. And i sure got seat time 21 passes and 30 mile at a drag strip for $30 is a great deal. I also got to race for a nice trophy for that price. Even though the track is the worst in michigan we still ran our best personal time's on a vmax. Thanks for the invite Todd it was alot of fun. Maybe we can invite some other vmax's to come join us at lapeer. It would be alot of fun to go around and around with a bunch of vmax's.

Hi sean. I got a good one for you. I lent Todd my fork strapp's so he could see if it would help his launch and he found out the hard way that the bike can still wheelie and if it wheelie's it come's down twice as hard. Aftrer busting his nutt's on the tank i think my ticket clocked him at a 22.3 in the 1/4 :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.
I also have to say he put down his fastest pass on his next run. So do you think it was busting his nutts and calming him down or the strapp's :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.
Sorry for busting your nutt's about this Todd :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL, the straps work but you can't drop the clutch and expect it not to sky wheelie!

Yeah I made a pass and it launched good and tight. So I figured I ll up the rpm a little the next launch and it went up and down hard. I honestly was going to pull over on the side of the 1/8 mile marker my nuts hurt so bad. I lost my breath for a second lol.

I chopped my throttle and my plugs are LEAN! VERY white, with ever , ever so slightly hint of tan to them. It was laying down on the big end and I couldn't MPH good.

I think the air was good and I was leaned out worse then before.

11.28 @ 118.

Didn't run any faster mph then 118 that day. But yet a week earlier ran 121 mph. Thats a huge difference.

I ll post some video later.

Mike made some good runs out there. Hopefully Dave posts some pictures up soon. He always gets awesome pictures.

Todd

I ran 11.71 two time's and Todd went 11.28 in the 1/4 mile. Im still looking for that 11.60 my 60' was 1.93 and 1.85 and my speed was 113.69 and 113.95 so i know if i can get it all togather i should find an 11.60. Todd's 11.28 had 1.73 60' and 118.02 mph. Todd puts down 11.40's like its nothing. Chuck you need to go with us sometime. Hell if Todd can put down a 11.28 you might see a high ten now that your bike is up and running strong.

I forgot to mention also that strapped my 60 foot improved alot. Best I want to say was a 1.72, and most hoovered in the 1.74-77 range with it strapped ( which was only about 5 - 6 runs maybe ).

I think with it strapped and jetted properly I could see some high 11.1x's with it. Maybe if I am lucky a 11.0x with it.

I am sure that with good conditions and a great almost perfect run, I could pull a 10.9x on the bike.

I only have .29 to go LOL!

On the same token the bike is very consistent as long as I do my part consistently.

Mike was pretty darn consistent too as long as he did the same thing. So these bikes can be consistent runners at the track.

I got smoked by a modified litre bike, he ran 9.20-30's @ 148 mph! I redlighted with a -.012 first round. Most of my RT's where decent for the day, but I was rattled in the morning and never got my good feeling for the day. I had a few .008 lights here and there though!

Todd

546497_454396767927801_67650980_n.jpg

300819_454396717927806_675616399_n.jpg

427234_454395441261267_408932919_n.jpg

189546_454395864594558_1736752659_n.jpg

427234_454395441261267_408932919_n.jpg

Yeah, I was cutting lights too damn close. -.012, -.008 etc. I had a rough morning and just couldnt get my groove going. I had a couple close lights .003 I think was my best light, but most where either .1xx or -.0xx. Just had a tough tight dialing myself in.

Todd

Full or Pro Tree? Got my race this weekend and we usually have the Pro tree (all lights at once then green). I typically get 0.080-.150 RT's on that which is pretty decent for a clutch bike. With the drag Fazer I get a little quicker since I only have to drop the clutch!

Todd the pic's you emailed me are great. I want to go again but i need to line up a trailer. I would like to this weekend but i might go on a ride and stop bt the earyriders rodio tour.
http://www.easyridersevents.com/. You want to go. Maybe we can make a ride to hell also. or we could go to onadaga. If you got time we could get going in the am and do a long ride.

Back