Met a cool guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met a really cool guy tonight he is a good machinest & had some cool stuff in his garage. I could not take pictures of it all. He has an Isetta some col Rc planes a norton commando an early 58 enfield the year they tried to market them as an Indian Chief & some other stuff. We hit it off good I am going back over there soon so we can BS some more.

Attachments

• bmw isetta 001.jpg
    bmw isetta 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 38
  • bmw isetta 002.jpg
    bmw isetta 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 34
  • bmw isetta 003.jpg
    bmw isetta 003.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 34
  • bmw isetta 004.jpg
    bmw isetta 004.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 33
  • bmw isetta 005.jpg
    bmw isetta 005.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 38
  • bmw isetta 006.jpg
    bmw isetta 006.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 34
When I was a kid my parents drove me from our ranch 6 miles to our closest neighbor's ranch to catch the bus. The Campbell's had two sons who were motorcycle racers and locally famous for herding sheep on their bikes. Today they Own and operate Argyll Park race track. Anyway Billy drove one of these. He's still quite eccentric today And at 82 still driving a side hack Goldwing he built.

I met a really cool guy tonight he is a good machinest & had some cool stuff in his garage. I could not take pictures of it all. He has an Isetta some col Rc planes a norton commando an early 58 enfield the year they tried to market them as an Indian Chief & some other stuff. We hit it off good I am going back over there soon so we can BS some more.

Thanks for sharing... very cool! My friend is rebuilding an old Norton. Did you get any pics of that one?

When I was a kid my parents drove me from our ranch 6 miles to our closest neighbor's ranch to catch the bus. The Campbell's had two sons who were motorcycle racers and locally famous for herding sheep on their bikes. Today they Own and operate Argyll Park race track. Anyway Billy drove one of these. He's still quite eccentric today And at 82 still driving a side hack Goldwing he built.

Sorry a bit off topic

I spent a lot of time at Modesto... Gallo Glass. Had some good times there. Hot rod mecca! I remember maybe 15-20 years ago we went to a motorcycle bone yard there... can't remember the town but close to Modesto. A real one with motorcycles sitting in scrub brush. I was walking down a path at the back of the line of four friends. This goose comes out of no where at me from behind. It wouldn't leave us alone... those birds can be mean.

Do they still have cruise night on Maze Blvd?

Thanks for sharing... very cool! My friend is rebuilding an old Norton. Did you get any pics of that one?
No it was kind of dark & all I had was my phone with me which dont take that great of pictures at night. I am gonna go back next week & take more pics of the car for him since he wants me to try & sell it over seas. I will also take some pics of the Norton & Enfiels Indian while I am there.

I would be terrified by an Isetta with power. Now an old school Mini or Morris Minor with a bike engine, oh yeah.

Sorry a bit off topic

I spent a lot of time at Modesto... Gallo Glass. Had some good times there. Hot rod mecca! I remember maybe 15-20 years ago we went to a motorcycle bone yard there... can't remember the town but close to Modesto. A real one with motorcycles sitting in scrub brush. I was walking down a path at the back of the line of four friends. This goose comes out of no where at me from behind. It wouldn't leave us alone... those birds can be mean.

Do they still have cruise night on Maze Blvd?
The cruise used to be on McHenry Ave. every Friday and Saturday night and it was real good. Got shut down though when the last generation thought it was more cool to shoot somebody than race them. This is what happens to a culturally divided community. Once a year they still have a big cruise called Graffit Night, but now it's formal and not so fun. Mostly just a car show and organised for commercial purposes. Modesto was the (supposed) setting for American Graffiti. Maybe they can make a new movie called Mexican-American Graffiti or African-American Graffiti, etc., etc. reflecting the contemporary story. Anyway, used to be a lot of hotrods and fun.

Your a long way from Modesto. What did you do for Gallo Glass? When I was a kid my father did a lot of machine work for Gallo. I would spend weeks on end machining the stainless steel flanges for their piping. I can still remember the fun (and smell) of having blue hot stainless chips drop in my boot.

Ah yes McHenry Ave, it's been quite a while since I've been there. I work for a company that makes the machines for producing glass bottles and traveled a lot back then. Those hot chips will get you to doing a very strange dance if they get in your shoe LOL... think that's where break dancing originated.

Modesto was a nice town when I went there. The only real slum part was where the plant was... spread out eh... shame. Someone there once told me that a lot of the filming for that movie was done in Fresno.

600pickupweb.jpg

"Pocket" pick-up, home-built from a Honda 600, probably the sedan, powered by a parallel-twin Honda motorcycle engine adapted by the factory for car use. The coupe (Z600) was cuter than the sedan, but this is cool, can you imagine an El Camino-type?

From a Honda 600 website, about winter driving:
"Funniest of all (I live in snowy illinois) The first winter I had it, I accidentally approached a high snowdrift at high speed, at least 50 MPH. Anticipating a crash, I braced myself. But, what happened was the 600 literally climbed the drift and drove over it!! My heart was in my throat. I found out that if you approached a country snowdrift at a reasonable speed, the 600 literally would drive up and over it like a hill....I was used to heavy American rear-drive cars smashing through them."

So, a car built w/a motorcycle engine in it!

Here's more small car info: http://www.microcar.org/blog/tag/honda/
A great place to waste time!

Here's one right after my heart! A Crosley. People 'of a certain age' will recall this brand. It was quite the engineering leader. I recall reading years ago that the Crosley car was the first car featuring disc brakes and seatbelts, just after WW II, the "Hot Shot."
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=711&aid=304

81315_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool to build a 5th-wheel trailer for a couple of bikes and use this cab to haul them? The sheer novelty of it would win any show you entered.

Ah yes McHenry Ave, it's been quite a while since I've been there. I work for a company that makes the machines for producing glass bottles and traveled a lot back then. Those hot chips will get you to doing a very strange dance if they get in your shoe LOL... think that's where break dancing originated.

Modesto was a nice town when I went there. The only real slum part was where the plant was... spread out eh... shame. Someone there once told me that a lot of the filming for that movie was done in Fresno.
Lol... You can't get that chip out fast enough. I remember going home and doctoring up my feet after a long day. Yeah, not very much footage done in Modesto. Most filming was done in Petaluma. Got that straight from Candy Clark and Bo Hopkins (boy are they lookin old these days). On the little car subject in this thread - here are some pics of my 1960 Lloyd Alexander.
P.S. Good luck on your turbo bike. I like!!

Ryan
R1-01450-002A.jpg

R1-01450-003A.jpg

R1-01450-004A.jpg

LLOYD-ALEXANDER-Rally-of-Ge-300x240.jpg

Hey Ryan,

Thank you! I have something entirely new I hope to try this summer for the hot rod... running that methanol was a pain in the.... Sorry got a lot off topic. Your Lloyd Alexander is a neat little ride! Don't know much about them. What do they have for an engine?

While were off topic Here is a 69 Tiger 650 that was brought to me in Pieces a couple weeks ago back in one piece now. I actually got to ride it yesterday.

Attachments

• Tiger 650 001.jpg
    Tiger 650 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Tiger 650 002.jpg
    Tiger 650 002.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
The Triumphs of that era are to my view, the archetypical motorcycle. That is a great job once again, Kyle. Now he can spend hours w/the Simichrome, making it gleam.

The lines of the engine, the narrow-rear of the gas tank, the traditional seat, suspension, it all spells, "classic motorcycle." You can put a 1938 Triumph Speed Twin next to this and a casual observer might think they were built in consecutive years.
http://community.motozania.com/_1938-TRIUMPH-SPEED-TWIN-/photo/16279721/29029.html?enlarge=true

Here's one that sold at the Daytona Auction at the county fairgrounds last Saturday, Mar. 17. I was there.

The Triumphs of that era are to my view, the archetypical motorcycle. That is a great job once again, Kyle. Now he can spend hours w/the Simichrome, making it gleam.

The lines of the engine, the narrow-rear of the gas tank, the traditional seat, suspension, it all spells, "classic motorcycle." You can put a 1938 Triumph Speed Twin next to this and a casual observer might think they were built in consecutive years.
http://community.motozania.com/_1938-TRIUMPH-SPEED-TWIN-/photo/16279721/29029.html?enlarge=true

Here's one that sold at the Daytona Auction at the county fairgrounds last Saturday, Mar. 17. I was there.
Cool little bike but for any one that thinks there Vmax handles & the brakes suck try riding this thing.LOL

Latest posts

Back