Met a new VMaxer in my town!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatter

Reaction score
So I was going to Wally World the other day, and when I pulled up to park, I noticed this couple in a minivan staring at me, from across the lot. I figured that they either
A) had a Max at one time, or knew someone that did. Or

B) were trying to figuire out just what kind of bike it is since it doesn't look like a Harley.

These are generally the two groups stare at me.

Low and behold, it was option C ! (I haven't ran across that one in my town before! Turns out he hadn't either )

The man actually HAS A MAX. He just bought it about 6 months ago. It's a 2001 Carbon Fiber, completely stock.

The first thing he asked me was about seat options LOL

I told him about this forum, told him about the Muscle Seat, AND the Maxgasser.

Then I told him about the rally in Eureka Springs next month, and he said he would be going. It will be cool to have a other maxer in town!

I haven't met any other V-maxers in my town, however, I have seen one Gen 2 on the back of a truck on two separate occasions.

You people live on Mars...?
uhm00000.gif

Keep in mind the county you live in has about 100,000 more people in it than my entire state.

No sir, North Dakota is slightly less desolate and a bit more habitable than Mars. And Minot is getting an Olive Garden Take THAT Red Planet!

Joking aside though, North Dakota winters have been used to test new prototype materials for space suits for future Mars missions. :)

Last edited:
I know of one other Vmax in my area and I normally ride with him once or twice a year, but he normally rides with a couple Hardleys in town.
Once you get away from the densely populated coast lines of the U.S. you'll find there is a lot of open spaces to enjoy, not just in the city, state and national parks.:eusa_dance:

I've only talked to one in the state, and only seen one other in my town, but it was parked at a bar.

It's a rare sight for me at least, since everyone in the military up here favors HDs, since they store them in the winter for free.

You people live on Mars...? :ummm:
Mars is over the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges O.T. I think I'm now the last Mohegan on the Cape. Dave has moved away, and I saw the only other known VMAX here up for sale at a shop in Hyannis (I think he's now joined the goldwing owners club from what I herd).
Steve-o

So I was going to Wally World the other day, and when I pulled up to park, I noticed this couple in a minivan staring at me, from across the lot. I figured that they either
A) had a Max at one time, or knew someone that did. Or

B) were trying to figuire out just what kind of bike it is since it doesn't look like a Harley.

These are generally the two groups stare at me.

Low and behold, it was option C ! (I haven't ran across that one in my town before! Turns out he hadn't either )

The man actually HAS A MAX. He just bought it about 6 months ago. It's a 2001 Carbon Fiber, completely stock.

The first thing he asked me was about seat options LOL

I told him about this forum, told him about the Muscle Seat, AND the Maxgasser.

Then I told him about the rally in Eureka Springs next month, and he said he would be going. It will be cool to have a other maxer in town!

I spent some time west of Hot Springs & enjoyed the roads going around & into Hot Springs, especially because the county I was staying in was "dry!"

That doesn't make to big of a difference around here. It just means they have to drive even more to get beer.

Fire-Medic are you in OK, or FL? If you are in OK, are you going to make the Eureka Springs Rally?

Mars is over the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges O.T. I think I'm now the last Mohegan on the Cape. Dave has moved away, and I saw the only other known VMAX here up for sale at a shop in Hyannis (I think he's now joined the goldwing owners club from what I herd).
Steve-o

Steve , in a case of your neighbors lawn always looking greener , whenever I go over your aforementioned bridges...I'm in a different world...the Cape has always been a special place...especially after having enjoyed the 60's and 70's there...:worthy:

Embrace your Last of the Mohegan status...and enjoy the seafood...:punk:

I finally got to see another VMax in my area on Friday after work and meet it's owner Rusty who is a forum member here.Really nice guy! Great having our two bikes together and talking V Maxes so I know what you're saying!
Mike

Hatter -- Spent time growing up in Arkansas and have a brother in Clarksville and relatives in Hot Springs. Don't know where you're located but I've lived in Texarkana,Little Rock,Pine Bluff,Arkadelphia,El Dorado,Conway,Hot Springs,Nashville,Crosset and a tiny little town called Dierks. I love Arkansas and have a lot of fond memories of riding my old Honda CB 125 on the roads back there. Wish I wasn't so far away,that Eureka Springs rally sounds really nice!
Mike

Last edited:
I live in Camden, which is 30 miles north of ElDorado. And YES the Eureka Springs rally is blast. We had 35 of us there last year. We couldn't all fit in hotel parking lot at the same time!

Yes,I know where Camden is and maybe one of these days I can make that Eureka Springs run. Probably after I retire and move back to Arkansas.lol!:biglaugh:
Mike

Nothing like riding with another Max. Last time I rode with Dave T we switched bikes at his suggestion. After riding a big bore w/radial tires? I'm ruined. The Mod Monkey latched on to me by 2nd gear.
Steve-o

Thats cool man. Nice to meet people with similar interest's. There is a guy in my small town, own's a bone stock 2007. Not very friendly though. I wave, he stares back. I nod when I pull in and see him gassing up, he stares back. I walk over and say "nice bike" and ask him how he likes it, he grunts and rides off.
:bang head:

I got together with a few guys to do a lemons race and a couple of them track sport bikes. After working on the car with them for a while, we moved it to one of their garages and it just so happened that he also has a max. He ended up becoming a good friend, but oddly enough we've never gone riding together. We've both traded tech tips on the bikes, though, and I at least know one other max in the area.

That doesn't make to big of a difference around here. It just means they have to drive even more to get beer.

Fire-Medic are you in OK, or FL? If you are in OK, are you going to make the Eureka Springs Rally?
Yes, in FL. When I was in the Hot Springs area it was not on a bike, it was in a new aluminum V8 sedan de ville w/my girlfriend who grew up in the area & went to college in AR. We were on a visit to her parents who lived in the 'dry' county. We took a ride to Hot Springs & bouhgt a case of beer to go back. We had driven up from Houston.

The next day, we went to the local dump to shoot rats & whatever-bottles, appliances, fruit... . We brought our weapons of choice, she had a S&W Model 59 9 mm which was her sidearm when she worked in Houston as a Harris Co. deputy
& I had a Ruger Mini 14. Her dad came with us and brought his .22 Ruger pistol in a western holster. All the guns were in the trunk.

We had company when we pulled into the dump. There was a local contingent of 1%'ers on H-D's. We pulled up in the middle of the cleared area and parked where we were between the 1%'ers & the exit. We got out of the Caddy, I popped the trunk, and her dad walked around, reached in, and withdrew his belt holster which he strapped-on. He was a retired union steward for a local brickmaking plant, small & wiry, he had been in the Battle of the Bulge as an infantryman, and still carried some 'souvenirs' in his body 41 years later.

One of the scooter tramps looked over at us, took a look at her dad's revolver, and smirked as he took a swig from the bottle of rum they were sharing as they chased it with Cokes they were each holding.

"You ain't gonna shoot us with that thing are ya," he asked, as he waved his hand at her dad.

By now my girlfriend and I were at the trunk. She reached-in and retrieved her S&W 9mm in one hand and a magazine in another. I reached-in and pulled out my Mini 14 and a 30 round clip, and facing the gathered bikers, I inserted the clip and pulled the bolt back and released it. The unmistakeable sound of a round being chambered echoed in the junkyard.

"That all depends on how-fast you can move," I told him, barrel-down.

My girlfriend inserted the magazine into the handle and pulled and released the slide.

The bikers eyes got big, they drank-up, got on their bikes, and left.

We spent about 45 minutes killin' us some washers, refrigerators, and rats, and had a good story to tell when we got back home.

I spotted one in Paragould today. The rider was inside eating lunch so I didn't bother pulling the International in. If he/she was at a station I would have had to stop. It's just odd seeing one. There's what, 5 in the whole state?

When Is the Ozark ride by the way? Any rooms left?

ive met one local vmaxer here on okc and one out of dallas area. there are a couple i see out and about but never where i can talk to them. one day...

I've never seen another in the 2500 Square mile county I live in..

Back