Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra 180/55R18 74W

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santhyago

Santhyago Gallao
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, Vmaxers,

In Brazil, finding a tire for Vmax (200/50R18) with a good speed/height index is very tough.
So, I'm really thinking of using a 180/55R18 74W from Metzeler on my Vmax.

Does anyone had tested it? What kind of change in behavior must be expected by me?
Once or another I go to the drag track to run with my Vmax. What's expected to change?

Thanks!

I no longer remember what it was, but I once put a dual compound radial tire on my gen2. Nu-uh. It wore the “soft” soft outer part of the tread off very quickly. Never again. Single compound only for me

edit: went and looked. Metlzer z8 was what I used and hated. I’m using shinko verges now based on positive feedback here. handles much better.

Last edited:
I no longer remember what it was, but I once put a dual compound radial tire on my gen2. Nu-uh. It wore the “soft” soft outer part of the tread off very quickly. Never again. Single compound only for me

edit: went and looked. Metlzer z8 was what I used and hated. I’m using shinko verges now based on positive feedback here. handles much better.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

As I said before, in Brazil, our options are very limited... We have only Metzeler here for our Vmax. And we can't import tires here.

Currently, I'm using a Marathon Ultra 888 200/50R18 76W, but it's time to replace the tire, and I can find only MU888 200/50R18 with an 82H index.

That's why I'm putting a 180/55 in its place.

Back